Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 7, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #8,268 of 12,862
And color, the S is only available in black:grimacing:

Dec 7, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #8,269 of 12,862
Awsome, there was a NW-ZX300S on amazon for £348 with a banged up box, and i was hesitating because i didn't know if it had some Sony specific model BS on it.
As i was reading the thread i noticed there seems to be a hack available to remove the volume lock, even if this one has it. I think i'm all set.

I'll get the balanced cables for the FIIO FH5 at a later time.
These seem like the obvious choice when it comes to quality/price.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-4-4mm...TF8&qid=1544180590&sr=8-2&keywords=fiio+4.4mm

I have the stock cables on the FH5's atm, and i like them. Do you have any recommendations as to a cable pairing for the FH5 + ZX300 combo?

Edit: Oh the S one is black? Awsome, that's the one i want ^_^

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #8,270 of 12,862
i think the zx300A is made for asian market, the zx300S is the silver model and made for the US market. and i think the regular zx300 is made for asian+EU market.

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #8,271 of 12,862
I'm also starting to notice (since im looking at two DAPs, the ZX300 and the A&K SR15) that the SR15 is made more for IEMs... but the ZX300 is made for both? what do you guys think? :S

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #8,272 of 12,862
The ZX300A is the chinese model, made specifically for China, and has 16Gb of internal storage instead of the usual 64

The S was made later, with larger internal storage. Should be same, otherwise.

Edited to add: I have the 300A

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #8,273 of 12,862
i think the zx300A is made for asian market, the zx300S is the silver model and made for the US market. and i think the regular zx300 is made for asian+EU market.
Zx300a is for the china market only black and silver
Zx300 is the worldwide version black and silver
Zx300s is at present a Japan only model. Black only

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #8,274 of 12,862
I'm also starting to notice (since im looking at two DAPs, the ZX300 and the A&K SR15) that the SR15 is made more for IEMs... but the ZX300 is made for both? what do you guys think? :S
When it comes to these kind of decisions, it's about preference. I was split between those 2 as well.
Both devices are very good according to reviews. Even though the A&K design is very striking, i have loved Sony's industrial design since forever, so i took the plunge.

The A&R would be 140€ more so that made the choice a bit easier too.
I am using IEM's so the power was not really a big concern; in your case where the cans you want to use have higher impedance, it might be a deal breaker for you; but i have a feeling were splitting hairs.
Also, depending on where you buy it, they might have a good return policy, and you can try both out.

Zx300a is for the china market only black and silver
Zx300 is the worldwide version black and silver
Zx300s is at present a Japan only model. Black only
Thanks for the clarification. I would love for it to be the black model, but if it is the silver one, no biggie.
The design is good.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #8,275 of 12,862
When it comes to these kind of decisions, it's about preference. I was split between those 2 as well.
Both devices are very good according to reviews. Even though the A&K design is very striking, i have loved Sony's industrial design since forever, so i took the plunge.

I am using IEM's so the power was not really a big concern; in your case where the cans you want to use have higher impedance, it might be a deal breaker for you; but i have a feeling were splitting hairs.
Also, depending on where you buy it, they might have a good return policy, and you can try both out.
I mean i'll be using only my H6 (2nd Gen) and my soon to order Focal Elegia. thats it :p im sure both could drive them. im just torn because sony uses digital amp and the A&K one doesnt.. :frowning2:

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #8,276 of 12,862

Thanks for the clarification. I would love for it to be the black model, but if it is the silver one, no biggie.
The design is good.
Read what I have stated about the color, I did state black.

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #8,277 of 12,862
I mean i'll be using only my H6 (2nd Gen) and my soon to order Focal Elegia. thats it :p im sure both could drive them. im just torn because sony uses digital amp and the A&K one doesnt.. :frowning2:
Go the Amazon route then, try both.
You can always return them.
Read what I have stated about the color, I did state black.
I did, I'm in doubt just because it's amazon. Who knows what's gonna show up.
I might get a rubber chicken.

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #8,278 of 12,862
If you want the s version, that is only available in Japan and black, even if you want a silver, you cant.

The other two version, you select the colors when you make the purchase, I doubt they will send anything else other that what you have stated.

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #8,279 of 12,862
If you want the s version, that is only available in Japan and black, even if you want a silver, you cant.

The other two version, you select the colors when you make the purchase, I doubt they will send anything else other that what you have stated.
I understand that, i was just making a joke.

Since this is what shows up on Amazon, people tend to get confused.

rLM7E7u.jpg

In the photo its silver, but the model description says NWZX300S.
Actually it says NWZX300S.CEW, so there's that also...
Bah, whatever the color, i'll take it >_<

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #8,280 of 12,862
I understand that, i was just making a joke.

Since this is what shows up on Amazon, people tend to get confused.

rLM7E7u.jpg

In the photo its silver, but the model description says NWZX300S.
Actually it says NWZX300S.CEW, so there's that also...
Bah, whatever the color, i'll take it >_<
sorry my mistake. if you made that purchase, you need to cancel it, its a silver one you have purchased.

Zx300a 16GB is for the china market only black and silver
Zx300 64GB is the worldwide version black and silver
Zx300G 128GB is at present a Japan only model. Black only

Users who are viewing this thread

Back