Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 19, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #7,877 of 12,862
Recently (last week) bought a ZX300A, finally!
Can't wait for it to arrive, it seems right now it's stuck in Holland...

In the meantime i ordered from ali express a balanced cable for my Sony MDR100aap.. can't wait to test that either!

Oct 20, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #7,881 of 12,862
Sorry. I don'r understand your answer. I own a headphone, not a smartphone - in this case a LDAC headphone. With the latest Walkman, Sony cancelled all sound settings for BT resp. LDAC BT.
I’m sorry, I thought you were asking if the EQ was disabled when you stream music from a phone to the zx300 using Bluetooth. I’m not sure if the EQ setting is disabled when you paire a Bluetooth headphone to the zx300

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #7,882 of 12,862
My unit has bricked. It is locked in a repeating boot up loop. I was updating the music last night and got a message which I took to mean it was done. It was something like "Do you want to turn off your USB something." I foolishly said yes. It might have even been starting to download the software update at the same time. I tried to reboot it and holding down the power button had no effect. I then unplugged it. It ran in reboot all night until it died. Put power to it his morning and the same result.

Upside is that it is under warranty. I bought it from an authorized dealer here in Canada.I will probably have to ship it off to Ontario on Monday.

VERY disappointing. And the A17 is a poor replacement...
No reset button to push like on my A17 and no button combination like my iPod to do a reboot.

Ears wide open if anyone has any suggestions on a Sunday.

Shane D

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #7,884 of 12,862
There must be a way to flash them from a blank format. Might be worth googling.

I googled how to reboot and how to reset and didn't get anything.

Shane D

Oct 21, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #7,885 of 12,862
I googled how to reboot and how to reset and didn't get anything.

Shane D
I read this somewhere:
When the device is stuck in boot loop, try updating or re-flashing the FW just when the device is detected by the computer once it turns on. The guy was suggesting that the fw detects the device before it enters another loop and flashes the fw thereby solving the issue. It may take a couple of misses.

Oct 21, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #7,886 of 12,862
I read this somewhere:
When the device is stuck in boot loop, try updating or re-flashing the FW just when the device is detected by the computer once it turns on. The guy was suggesting that the fw detects the device before it enters another loop and flashes the fw thereby solving the issue. It may take a couple of misses.

It is only "on" to the computer for a matter of seconds. No way you could make several menu clicks.
I didn't time it but I am thinking about ten seconds before it powers off.

Shane D

Oct 21, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #7,887 of 12,862
It is only "on" to the computer for a matter of seconds. No way you could make several menu clicks.
I didn't time it but I am thinking about ten seconds before it powers off.

Shane D
I believe there are only 2 clicks and thats the window you have to initiate the FW upgrade/ flash

Oct 21, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #7,888 of 12,862
I believe there are only 2 clicks and thats the window you have to initiate the FW upgrade/ flash

I thought about trying in Media Go to kind of "pre-set" the procedure, but I don't think you can even get the option until it senses the player being attached. And then you only have a matter of seconds.

Would it be better/easier going through the Sony website looking for a firmware update option? If I could set up that option then I could just keep trying catch it in mid reboot.

Shane D

Oct 21, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #7,889 of 12,862
I thought about trying in Media Go to kind of "pre-set" the procedure, but I don't think you can even get the option until it senses the player being attached. And then you only have a matter of seconds.

Would it be better/easier going through the Sony website looking for a firmware update option? If I could set up that option then I could just keep trying catch it in mid reboot.

Shane D
Im not really sure about that. Sorry im not of much help.

Oct 21, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #7,890 of 12,862
It's not the first time i read something like this unfortunately...and i've read the ENTIRE thread...
i think that i'll never connect it to my Mac apart for installing the update firmware. Taking out the SD card and manually drag & drop the music on it it's the safest way i think..

sorry for not being able to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back