1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524
526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535
Next

Last
  1. someyoungguy
    I’m in NZ too. I see it’s back up to 950 NZD on the Sony store website now, which is getting pretty steep. I had been contemplating pulling the trigger on the 760 deal, and the latest firmware update and launch of the higher memory model to me were big signals that Sony intends to support this player for some time, which is reassuring.

I will try and pick up a ZX300A in person next month as I’ll be in Shanghai (and will make it to the Shanghai Canjam too - can’t wait; never get to try any high end products here in NZ!)

Hinomotocho and superuser1 like this.
  2. domNZ
    It went back up on 1 October. They had it on backorder at $760 through August, then finally got stock in sometime in September. At one point it went back up to $950 for a few days, then they dropped it again. They might drop it again, so I'd keep an eye on the site just in case. If you sign up to the site, your first few orders are postage free.

someyoungguy likes this.
  3. kms108
    You don't have to get the A version in china, they also have the non A version.

someyoungguy likes this.
  4. someyoungguy
    Ah right, thanks for the heads up, and @domNZ for the info. I might go for the A anyway as it’s such a bargain for only having reduced memory but all other features and sound quality :)

NotKunvinced likes this.
  5. GreenBow
    Received my Sony WMC-NWH10 today. (Sony WMC-NWH10 USB Conversion Cable for Hi-Res Audio Output.)

(From: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-WMC-NWH10-USB-Conversion-Cable-for-Hi-Res-Audio-Output-NEW-from-Japan-F-S/163267940484?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649)

It's more substantial than I expected. All boxed and new looking in Sony original packaging.

It was plug and play. Literally: plugged in the cables, and pressed play on the ZX300.

DSC05671.JPG

DSC05672.JPG

DSC05674.JPG

Mojo was actually showing red on the power button to signify 44.1KHz music playing. Just not a good camera.

Nice to be able to play through Mojo and Hugo 2 now. I doubt I will do it too often though. As I think it uses much more battery power from the ZX300 to play that way. (I have read that 35-hour players like Sony A15/17, only manage seven hours when attached to Mojo.) Rather not wear the battery out, and give the ZX300 only a short lifetime.

For out an about I will only take the ZX300. For at home late listening, I will attach a DAC only sometimes. Or that's what I think as of now, anyway.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    trellus and davidmolliere like this.
  6. davidmolliere
    The more I listen to the ZX300 the more I think that it has no right to sound that good at this price point... I am only at 40 hours burn in but it's so very impressive... Next sunday I'll compare this to the 1Z, might be the ideal companion to keep alongside on the move as it's much lighter and already such high SQ. Kudos Sony...

Dizzle77, Blommen and Ryokan like this.
  7. Hinomotocho
    For the people who already had the playlist feature before this update ie. Japan model or rockboxed - does it take a while for each track to be added, and deleted? I've been manually creating and adding/deleting from the player and it seems quite a slow process. I use Foobar so I'll try creating on there.

8. geagle
    @Beninnzorjp yes, definitely quite slow (on a zx300a switched to J region)

9. Hinomotocho
    Thanks - I was just curious if there was some slow down in the firmware update version.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  10. Hinomotocho
    Does anyone in Japan known roughly how much it would cost to replace the battery in my ZX300? I'm thinking about getting it done when I'm in Japan - it's been poor from the start and lately it seems to have gotten worse.

11. superuser1
    Dont you have that under warranty?

12. Hinomotocho
    It's from Accessory Jack so I'd have to ship it - it actually might work out cheaper, BUT I purchased it in Japan when I realised I couldn't get an English menu model there so they probably wouldn't ship it to my home country. Also I'd prefer to avoid it flying around the world, so...
    that's why I'm bugged at my local Sony store for dropping the high end stuff, then stocking this model, then dropping the price. For this very reason I prefer to make larger purchases locally to be covered by local warranties.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    SteveOliver and superuser1 like this.
  13. GreenBow
    With about 32 hours on my ZX300, I have to say, the sound had improved considerably. (It's had about ten hours playing through USB also.)

It's still not Mojo standard, but it has evened the playing field somewhat since new from the box. I am not disappointed at all that I did not buy a Poly for my Mojo.

With many folk saying the ZX300 improves up to 200 hours, then the outlook is good.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    activatorfly and davidmolliere like this.
  14. Muzslya
    You did a very wise choice.

15. FrankieZappa
    Recently (last week) bought a ZX300A, finally!
    Can't wait for it to arrive, it seems right now it's stuck in Holland...

In the meantime i ordered from ali express a balanced cable for my Sony MDR100aap.. can't wait to test that either!

First

Back
515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524
526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535
Next

Last