1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446
448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
Next

Last
  1. kms108
    Yep around that price HKD1325 (18600 yen), that is consider the cheapest branded 4.4 plug cable, the plug alone sold in Hong Kong is about HKD 800 (USD 101)

Its a shame they didn't put a sleeve on the cable near the plug, but that is a easy fix, and very cheap to do.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. Redcarmoose
    Sony states it IS the capacitors and that they will produce various levels of unstableness untill the end of burn-in period. Skeptics say manufacturers state stuff like this to somehow avoid return policy.......but I choose to believe Sony.

It’s also been a consistent trend for owners to report different levels of sound quality changes with the units actually appearing to get a little louder at the end or near the end of the burn-in period. To me it makes perfect sense that there could be a true physical capacitor change. The devices simply become more stable.

I have also surprised myself after buying a duplicate set of headphones to have the new pair sound exactly like the first pair with 200 hundred hours on them? Brain burn-in is a real phenomenon, but in this instance it is a chemical reaction or physical change in how the capacitors function.

Hinomotocho likes this.
  3. colonelkernel8
    So I went ahead and purchased the Musashino label black calf skin case off eBay (someone in Japan finally listed it). I am stoked. If anyone is interested in my Dignis Minerva Box Blue, I'll sell it for a fair price. It's effectively unused.

4. goody
    any difference in sound between ZX300A and ZX300 ..are they exactly the same?..

5. peteh
    exactly the same

6. hemipowered007
    Same, 16g vs 64g internal memory has been the only known difference.

superuser1 likes this.
  7. goody
    thanks ..i will buy it then

8. The Fife Flyer
    Anyone want to advise me how to get the playlist feature to work please? I have the UK model with the volume cap removed and region changed.

Thanks.

9. yomiura
    First, you need to download a Sony desktop program to create a playlist and drag it to the player. After that you can manually add a song to the playlist by doing it from the player. Do keep in mind that song and a playlist have to store in the same place, either internal memory or SD card, you cannot add a song that store in an internal memory to the playlist that store in a SD card or vice versa.

For PC you can use either Music Center or Content Transfer
    For Mac you can just create a playlist on iTune then transfer the playlist to ZX300 through Content Transfer

It's kind of suck for UX but I hope you can enjoy your music to your heart content.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    The Fife Flyer likes this.
  10. Qrays34
    Untitled.png I recommend the Media Go (Sony older version Walkman official PC app). It helps a lot, for managing your library in both your PC and Walkman, for copying contents to your walkman, for tagging and finding missing property (ex: Name, Artist, Album, Year, Artwork,... => This help me A LOT, LIKE A TON A LOT). I prefer this app much more than the new Music Center app since I find it more comfortable to use.

The new Music Center app feels like a cheap and worse version of JRiver to me. Not like it and not using it.

11. hemipowered007
    Just a question, how would you know if the zx300 was volume capped if buying used? The person I bought it from seemed kinda unsure, so I would just like to double check.

12. kms108
    Use rockbox to check the status.

13. hemipowered007
    OK ill.have to look into that. The original box says U stock, which I couldn't find info on, could mean usa, could mean uk, could mean nothing.

14. kms108
    I think the code is U/C which indicate USA/Canada, not sure what U on it's own indicate.

hemipowered007 likes this.
  15. geagle
    Change it to the Japanese version/region using the rockbox utility... it will stay in english, and then you'll also be able to create playlists from the player itself (I had the China ZX300a, worked like a charm - and fix is not mine, but from somebody else on this thread)

First

Back
437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446
448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
Next

Last