1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443
445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454
Next

Last
  1. superuser1
    It's all about synergy im afraid. In this journey i have discovered no amount of reviews, impressions and measurements can compensate for actual auditioning. That being said not all gear is available to audition and therefore we reply on reviews and impressions to see what other people are hearing with the exact same gear. What needs to be taken into account is that we hear differently too. Im afraid its a hit and miss in this hobby at times. Coming to the balanced port on the zx300, I must say i am very much satisfied with it let alone on some tracks/ albums (i am guessing they are mixed in 5.1 channels) and sadly i seldom use the SE port. I have some after-market cables on the IT01 and they sound very good for their price point.

kms108 and Hinomotocho like this.
  2. sklaus28
    I sold the ZX300, after that Plenue R. I have WM1a now. Yes, true, the bass is kinda thin but good clarity. ZX300 have superior texture though..

3. NewEve
    No, it is different for what I understand as well as experienced.

One limits the volume. The other the power output.

4. sandy1010
    Folks, any language or firmware issues if I purchase this from Japan?

Thanks.

5. sandy1010
    Is there no way to add to the current play queue on the go? Ie ‘play next’ or ‘add to queue’?

Tried this out in store today and liked what I heard, but couldn’t see the adove option anywhere.

Saw the ‘add to bookmark’, but this required you to completely create the list before you started playing. Ie. if you added a song to a currently playing bookmark list, it would stop where the original list ended.

twice tzuyu likes this.
  6. Cychalen
    Is it fine using a 3.5mm balanced cable (L+, R+, L-, R-) with the 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack? I know that it won't become balanced, just want to make sure it does not harm the player.

7. knudsen
  8. kms108
    Nope

9. kms108
    It supports TRRS, you won't have any problems.

10. kms108
    You mean playlist, its only available on the japanese version, but can be added on any version, it just takes less than 1 minute.

11. Sarcasmo
    I don't use 3.5mm TRRS, but are you sure the ZX300 supports that being plugged into the unbalanced port?? Big no on my other DAPs.
    Quite probably my ignorance or maybe I misunderstood the original question...?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  12. kms108
    It has been stated earlier in the thread, that TRRS is supported.

13. Sarcasmo
    And I thought I'd read the entire thread... Ignorance it is then :flushed:
    Does beg the question as to why 3.5mm TRRS is not the standard for ALL portable gear that supports balanced/unbalanced outputs.

14. kms108
    TRRS has only been a standard for headphones with inline remote, 4.4 is the new standard for balanced.

15. Sarcasmo
    I agree that it's the new standard for Sony gear, but the vast majority of vendors seem happy to stay with 2.5mm at the moment. FiiO have now supported it with their new amp module. but I'm sure the TRRS balanced standard is going to rage on for some time yet.
    Personally I do like the 4.4mm plug - very solid and generally easier to work with for cable DIYers.

First

Back
434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443
445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454
Next

Last