Sony NW-ZX300
May 17, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #6,541 of 12,862
Hi,

Getting this error when I try to use SCSINWZ last version to uncap and change the language in my new Joybuy NW-ZX300A (V1.10):7

Cannot get model ID from device: -3
Your device is most likely not compatible with this tool. :triportsad:

Please, Any idea ?

Regards.

May 17, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #6,542 of 12,862
My experience with WM1A out of the box without burn-in: I could see the potential and hear the sound signature, but the bass was mushy and not tight.
After 100 hrs it started to settle down. After 150 hrs, it started opening up. 200 hrs it was really singing and the bass was tight and punchy.

My experience with ZX300 out of the box without burn-in: Nothing exciting.
After 75 hrs it opened up nice. Good soundstage width. Separation and Imaging.

With iBasso DX200, I didn't see this much of difference with burn-in. But both WM1A & ZX300 really demanded burn-in.

May 17, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #6,543 of 12,862
Hi,

Getting this error when I try to use SCSINWZ last version to uncap and change the language in my new Joybuy NW-ZX300A (V1.10):7

Cannot get model ID from device: -3
Your device is most likely not compatible with this tool. :triportsad:

Please, Any idea ?

Regards.
Change the computer and perfect ... I can SET "E off" and get Spanish Language and uncapped volumen. PERFECT

May 17, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #6,544 of 12,862
what LDAC HPs are you guys using with the zx300? any BT mmcx modules with LDAC, i couldn't find any off the bat.

May 17, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #6,545 of 12,862
I realized today the previous owner had some sound settings changed around. Honestly I like how it sounds with the things changed, I have been switching back and fourth to direct and other things on my ex1000. Anyone use the eq and sound adjustments? The ex1000 takes nicely to the changes, not sure how well other iems or hps adapt. I also noticed, the volume difference between setting it to high gain and normal was minimal, which I found quite odd. Could there be another setting messing with volume? It's a u stock zx300 so I don't think there's a volume cap or anything.

May 18, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #6,546 of 12,862
what LDAC HPs are you guys using with the zx300? any BT mmcx modules with LDAC, i couldn't find any off the bat.

Sony's own LDAC mmcx BT cable MUC-M2BT1
Or Audio Technica's LDAC capable portable BT DAC/amp receiver: AT-PHA55BT

May 18, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #6,547 of 12,862
Just got a glass screen protector and a tpu case on amazon. Not bad at all, even the case come with a firm screen protector and a hand strap.
Btw waiting for my 4.4mm cable for my Atlas.
20180518_114641.jpg
20180518_114327.jpg
20180518_114241.jpg

May 18, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #6,548 of 12,862
Just got a glass screen protector and a tpu case on amazon. Not bad at all, even the case come with a firm screen protector and a hand strap.
Btw waiting for my 4.4mm cable for my Atlas.

That looks great. I've bounced back and forth between the ZX300 and the WM1A .... buying stuff next month in Japan. And while I have entertained a number of different case options on the ZX300, with the WM1A the obvious choice was always the TPU. Before your post I hadn't seen such a case on the ZX300. Very smart looking, obviously effective for the job, and you can still see the device. It does remind me of some murky childhood memories of being at my grandmother's house in the early 70's though, vinyl covers on the sofa and chairs.

elfYEOU.jpg

May 18, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #6,549 of 12,862
The volume limiter is a different thing altogether and can be turned on or off.

What us owners are doing is removing the volume cap and it`s an easy fix. Don`t go buying from the US when not necessary mate.

Yeah thank you. I wasn't going to do the USA purchase, because it was too much money.

I think if I can turn off the EU volume limiter, I'd be OK. it should be loud enough for normal use. ... I remember some advice I read about volume on portable mucic players I once read. Don't turn up the DAP to drown out other noise around you. I mean we all do it if we need to, like when using non isolating ear/head-phones. Then go walking next to a noisy road. However I am always careful about how much extra volume I use. .... Therefor I think the ZX300 will be loud enough, or with the EU limeter off at least.

The only situation where I would need more volume might be with high impedance headphones. Although some folk, I read here, are saying the ZX300 sounded better at all volumes with limiter cap removed all together.

I really need a DAP badly though. I am fed up with my iPod Shuffle. I hate iTunes so much that I don't even put more music onto my Shuffle. ... I have a Chord Mojo, and a Poly would be ideal. However £500 for an SD card player is a bit rich. Plus as yet, I don't have a smartphone to run Poly. Then, there are so many people having issues with Poly that I am not happy to buy into it.

A ZX300 does work with Mojo too, if I wanted to do that sometimes. ... The only caveat left, is if the ZX300 has a replacable battery. That would probably seal the deal, as I like replacable batteries in gadgets. Meaning I don't have to throw them away, once the battery starts losing storage capacity.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #6,550 of 12,862
That looks great. I've bounced back and forth between the ZX300 and the WM1A .... buying stuff next month in Japan. And while I have entertained a number of different case options on the ZX300, with the WM1A the obvious choice was always the TPU. Before your post I hadn't seen such a case on the ZX300. Very smart looking, obviously effective for the job, and you can still see the device. It does remind me of some murky childhood memories of being at my grandmother's house in the early 70's though, vinyl covers on the sofa and chairs.

elfYEOU.jpg
It is the vinyl cover that allowed the beauty of that mustard colour to shine through.
It sometimes feels wrong to cover such a beautiful device, but I know that sometime in the future I will be drawn to a new model, and to justify the upgrade I'll need to extract as much value from selling the old one as I can, so keeping it mint works for me. I would like a clear case but the black Musashino one had the best grip and protection at the time I needed one.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #6,551 of 12,862
Damn, this DAP is really great. Def more laid back in the treble regions than the WM1A, but still very detailed. Haven't even had to touch the 10 band EQ at all. I am using the DC phase Linearizer, and Standard A works nicely with HD6XX. Listening with the Fidue adapter on balanced. It is heavenly at only 15 hours of burn-in. This will be a listen while burning in affair it seems.

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #6,553 of 12,862
Yep, Contact sony for a fix in the next update.

May 19, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #6,555 of 12,862
I don't even use it, if anyone can fix it, its Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back