1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432
434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443
Next

Last
  1. Hinomotocho
    Accessory Jack are trustworthy and usually well priced - uncapped English models.
    If you get a Japanese menu ZX300 it is possible to hack it to English

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    OK-Guy likes this.
  2. Hanafuda

The Rockbox destination tool can be used on the Japanese model to convert to another language.

But the Rockbox destination tool can also be used to remove the volume cap/limiter, which is probably the reason you don't want an EU version?

Now what I don't know ... does the Japanese model WM1A have a choose/change language option by default? Would be interesting to learn that it does, but I doubt it. Someone here may know.

OK-Guy likes this.
  3. abitdeef

Don’t think they’re copper, my black zx300 looks like copper on some lighting circumstances. I think the silver looks like gold and the black looks more copper colored.

4. abitdeef

I really like AJ! Everything I’ve bought has been top notch and really fast shipping. I told them I was Donald Trumps nephew and they gave me free overnight Fed Ex shipping - true story :) I got my beautiful zx300 lighting fast.

superuser1 and Hinomotocho like this.
  5. Youghin
    where did you get that at USD75?

6. Hanafuda

You have zx300a?

I was pretty sure I saw that somewhere (copper jacks, not gold).

7. Hinomotocho
    It's really good to have a trustworthy, well-priced, fast, helpful, international shipping seller, I wish they had a few more earphone brand options.
    I'd be careful mentioning Donald Trump relations to foreign counties - why has my ZX300 got a ticking sound?.... BOOM

abitdeef likes this.
  8. abitdeef

No I have regular black zx300 and the jacks look like copper in some light situations I took pictures back in the tread to illustrate that fact. I don’t think the jacks are any different the just look different on the black and silver models

9. superuser1
    Coax for the zx300?

10. kms108
    Default Japanese, no language selection, but using the tool can change region with language support.

11. kms108
    If I remember, its the sony balanced cable, like I said, its not available anymore.

12. kms108
    The only differences is the memory size, the rest of the specs are the same.

superuser1 likes this.
  13. hemipowered007
    I've been reading every last thing I can here and im still a bit confused on the usb dac function. I'll be getting my zx300 in the mail possibly tomorrow and had a question. So, in usb dac mode, the zx300 still outputs the amp signal due to it being all on the sony master chip correct? Even in dac mode it does not bypass the amp section on its output? I tried searching went thru a bunch of post d idnt find the answer to that. Headfi used to be alot easier to find things, you may still be able to search but it's doesn't seem the accuracy is there, or I'm just lazy, it's probably me being lazy actually.

14. superuser1
    You should perhaps rephrase your question. DAC mode bypassing amp would render the HP outs redundant. How would one listen to it?

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    linux4ever and kms108 like this.
  15. hemipowered007
    That's what I mean, what output do you have in dac mode? There is no line out on the zx300 right? What I mean is, I would be double Amping STILL in usb dac mode if I ran to another amp. Usb dac mode would simply be to run music off my pc, ie streaming or music saved onto the device. I asked because I have a few amps to run full size hps on, but the zx300 doesn't have line out, I was basically double checking to see if there was any difference if I used it in usb dac mode. But I'm 99% certain the answer is no, and I would still be double amping.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
First

Back
423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432
434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443
Next

Last