1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401
403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412
Next

Last
  1. Hinomotocho
    I wonder why the playlist creator is disabled for other model versions? I know Japan does hold out on alot of their technology/features - sure we see alot of Japanese appliances in our stores, but if you go to an electronics store in Japan they have some other level stuff. I had a Sony TV, the same model TV in Japan had USB recording, mine was disabled (perhaps to do with local network recording regulations etc).
    I would have thought that the ability to create playlists would have been a significant factor for some people considering to buy.

2. audioaudioaudio
    Is that the case? Agree it's very odd. When you say model do you mean actual device or the Destination Code changeable using SonyNWDestTool? I'm guessing the latter as I've read in a few places that the devices themselves are no different wherever they're sold just the OS settings.

I haven't got mine yet (UK version) but I did think that I'd be able to create playlists on it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  3. superuser1
    I saw your post over at L27 thread and will test it tomorrow and let you know.

audioaudioaudio likes this.
  4. kms108
    I think it also works with different language, just set to what language you want before you set it back to J with nwddesttool, once it goes back to J, the language setting is not visible , so you are default to the last language used.

5. Hinomotocho
    I think the person who said that he stumbled across the option on his Japanese (J) model before changing to English. When I last looked at the test tool page with the different region/language table only some had shown confirmation of compatibility with the remote. I don't know if the 16gb version differs in any way from the software and region options of the 64gb models.

6. Hinomotocho
    When I bought mine I had thought that I could finally create playlists on a Sony dap. I was disappointed, but find the improvements of the bookmark system to be adequate as I don't really need that many playlists

7. Hanafuda

This is AWESOME information. Thank you! I'll be getting a zx300 in late June, probably from the biccamera in Ikebukuro. And I've been wondering about this. Here's another -- does the BT settings section still include "Add remote control?" I'm not sure about the zx300, but I've read that on the WM1A some regions (USA) don't support the remote.

8. audioaudioaudio
    Have just been reading about the bookmarks on Sony's help site (http://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwzx300/v1/en/contents/TP0001449021.html) and yep seems to be all I need. I usually just listen to full albums but for parties / gathering it's quite handy to create some playlists - seems like that will do what I need in truth - Cheers

Hinomotocho likes this.
  9. abitdeef

the n3apb is cheaper if you don't mind not having a SE cable. Got mine from accessory jack

http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-x...h-4-4-mm-balanced-connection-cable-black.html

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  10. abitdeef

It's all I use too, I'm mostly an album guy myself. Bookmarks that is :)

11. jonathane40
    I have been using both the HD6XX and the XBA-N3bp for several more weeks on a daily basis (both balanced with zx300). I’m happy with both and they both serve a different purpose. I find the switch from one to the other not to be disappointing. However, I do like the HD6xx better when I’m at home. The sound is more immersive. I add a little treble when using the N3 and the HD6xx so far I leave the EQ flat. I haven’t used either of them on the SE output, but the N3 should be fine in SE given that I usually have them around Volume 32 on the balanced output with high gain. The HD6xx probably won’t be that good using the SE output. I use them with volume around 70 on balanced and high gain.

To me is great that I don’t mind switching from one to the other. On the other hand, I use to like the B&O H6 a lot and now I am usually dissatisfied when going from the HD6xx to the H6!

12. kertong
    Just checked - yes, remote control settings are still in the bluetooth section of settings. :)

Hanafuda likes this.
  13. alphanumerix1
    Any sq differences between this and the wm1a?

14. peteh
    Ah.erm there may be some discussion on this already.

abitdeef, Hanafuda and alphanumerix1 like this.
  15. peteh
    The consensus seems to be not much.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
First

Back
392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401
403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412
Next

Last