1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402
Next

Last
  1. slinkyjynx
    I get around 19-20 hours over balanced, but since switching back to single ended I get around 25-30 hours (must be the higher output)

2. Hinomotocho
    http://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwzx300/v1/en/contents/TP0001492501.html

I just found this which is more specific than the general battery info you usually see. I guess factoring in the 10% battery saver mode, my more than average start ups to continuous listening ratio and a fair bit of track/album changes - I'm normal!
    No more battery performance anxiety - I'm cured.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    abitdeef and superuser1 like this.
  3. gerbi
    First of all apologies if this has been covered previously. I have purchased a new zx-300 and I have tried to use it as a DAC but my Windows 10 laptop refuses to output audio to it. I have downloaded the Sony drivers, but when I plug it in there's a red cross on the audio icon in the taskbar. Has anyone else encountered the problem and solved it? Thank you in advance.

4. Hinomotocho
    You can try to right click on the sound/volume icon that you may see in the bottom right corner of the task bar (depending how yours in configured) and select playback devices - you should see the ZX300 in the device options?

5. slinkyjynx
    Yes, I had this exact same issue. This is going to sound crazy, but unplug the ZX300, uninstall the Sony drivers (through their own uninstaller) and then plug the ZX300 back in - it should work after that.

6. Partlys4int
  7. mutnai
    is joybuy's coupun (for new users) still working ?

8. JerryHead
    I KNEW IT! Told you so. I was convinced of this when I did my little overnight test a few weeks back. That document you found is helpful though. Glad you can put the issue to rest and your anxiety is no more.

Hinomotocho likes this.
  9. gerbi
    Thank you, it worked! Amazing that you need uninstall something Sony says you need to make it work...The only issue now is that when watching videos (with any software) I have a huge audio delay:frowning2:
    Did you manage to fix that too? Thanks again.

10. superuser1
    That delay over usb dac is a known issue .still not solved .

11. abitdeef

How's the remote work? They're is only one available correct?

And when are you going to try the ie800s? :ksc75smile:

12. abitdeef
    Battery aniexty, the bane of the head fi dap world :wink:

superuser1 likes this.
  13. abitdeef

Yep I got 20 on my test and actually the battery lasted almost an hour or so before I finally stopped the test. Good enough for me, especially out of the balanced out on high gain. I imagine we would get close to the 30 on the SE out with mp3 files.

14. superuser1
    I would imagine so as i did the test with balanced out and HG as well

15. raybies
    Yes,
    nothing like this
    [​IMG]

or this
    [​IMG]
    What tube you comparing it to?

Tubes sound different than Solid State or Sand as the tubers call it, and it's very hard to reproduce the signature bcos there are a large number of variables.
    The ZX300 is the flattest sounding source I have, and there's 9 in my view right now... Marantz is more musical, Naim is more punchy and they don't even give you DSP options.

The tubes sound totally different, more airy, bassy, sparkly... it's kind of like shaking a bunch of aluminium vs steel keys... they look the same but have different weights and sound different.
    Btw when I say totally different I believe all production is within 10% of each other, so we're talking about different within this 10% band.

Vinyl is lo-fi with pops, cracks, everything is mono under 120Hz, has less FR...

My view is the ZX300 is flat and digital.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
First

Back
382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402
Next

Last