Sony NW-ZX300
Mar 17, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #5,641 of 12,862
Is your opinion, i respect that, a desktop amp may be good or bad, there are good ones and bad ones, is not a 100% right thing, this iem have a mature tuning,they are not for fireworks, they need to be listened ,with time i think they are lovely, but is only me opinion, just that

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #5,642 of 12,862
i've been connecting my iPhone X to the X300 in DAC mode and playing standard res files through the Onkyo HF Player app and getting unbelievable sound! Seems as if the app is upscaling the files and turning them into high resolution. The processing seems noticeably better than playing the same files installed on the DAP itself.. Separation, soundstage all seem improved. Makes me want to sync my whole collection to the app.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #5,643 of 12,862
@abitdeef So I see accessoryjack has the IE800s at 769 euros. When it reaches 600- and i believe it will- I will go for a blind buy.

Nice, I would really be interested in what you think of them. I was tempted to try the beyerdynamic tesla drivers, but they are like 800 or 900 bucks. Just too much for iems imo. Especially when I find the it01s to sound so good. Fit would be better with the senns though I'm sure.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #5,645 of 12,862
Nice, I would really be interested in what you think of them. I was tempted to try the beyerdynamic tesla drivers, but they are like 800 or 900 bucks. Just too much for iems imo. Especially when I find the it01s to sound so good. Fit would be better with the senns though I'm sure.
The Xelentos are in a different league!!

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #5,646 of 12,862
i've been connecting my iPhone X to the X300 in DAC mode and playing standard res files through the Onkyo HF Player app and getting unbelievable sound! Seems as if the app is upscaling the files and turning them into high resolution. The processing seems noticeably better than playing the same files installed on the DAP itself.. Separation, soundstage all seem improved. Makes me want to sync my whole collection to the app.
nooooo just nooo stop spreading such stupid non sense

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #5,647 of 12,862
The Xelentos are in a different league!!

Yes that's what they said about the hi fi man 800re that I paid 800 bucks for :wink: Although I'm sure the xelrentos sound better than those, they have to! Problem is if they hurt my ears I will have to return them to amazon and I've returned a crazy amount of iems lately. You turned me on to the it01s, so I do value your opinion. I just don't see how the sound can get much better. 700 dollars better :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #5,648 of 12,862
T8iE's, They Rock! :dt880smile:

I should have gotten them when they were 699.00 :)

Ha ha I ordred them, after reading reviews about fit and such. If they don't blow me away they're going back. I hope my balanced cable will fit properly because the stress reliefs on my cable are straight and not curved.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #5,649 of 12,862
I should have gotten them when they were 699.00 :)

Ha ha I ordred them, after reading reviews about fit and such. If they don't blow me away they're going back. I hope my balanced cable will fit properly because the stress reliefs on my cable are straight and not curved.

Well I'm very impressed with these, I would like to know more about the technology as they're a single coil transducer (what ever that means) as opposed to having multiple drivers which are tuned for different frequencies.
I read on another thread that the Xelento's are brighter, which I can't comment on. One thing: I don't use the 'conch' shape ear tips that come supplied, I use round silicone tips, I find they stay put and bass is not compromised. These iem's are small and I'm happy using the supplied cable, it's light weight, pliable and gives no microphonics.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #5,651 of 12,862
Well I'm very impressed with these, I would like to know more about the technology as they're a single coil transducer (what ever that means) as opposed to having multiple drivers which are tuned for different frequencies. I read on another thread that the Xelento's are brighter, which I can't comment on. One thing: I don't use the 'conch' shape ear tips that come supplied, I use round silicone tips, I find they stay put and bass is not compromised.

That's good to know, the tips they show look funky. Too bad they don't include a 4.4 cable instead of the 2.5 one.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #5,655 of 12,862

Users who are viewing this thread

Back