Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 28, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #4,186 of 12,862
Why do i feel good for not getting the official Sony case. It sometimes skips the songs playing too. Is there some work around for this apart from switching off the screen before closing the cover.
Haha, why it is such a big deal to turn the screen off every time is beyond me :L3000:
We do that with our phones too, don't we? :)
I've never had any interaction problems, because I've never closed the lid without turning the screen off. Seems like a given to me. :thinking:

Just go for it, I promise you that you'll get addicted to that classy case. I haven't tried any other case, but judging by pictures I cannot see that other case will give that same satisfying quality. If you do not feel the need to take the case off from your ZX300 (as is the case with me), that's an A+ on the test :)

Jan 28, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #4,187 of 12,862
Or a metal plate with the message "get your Fxxx hands off my ZX300":stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And thats why I got the Japanese version, no plate or indent.
I can't even remember how the plate looks like from up close :wink: . I have only taken my ZX300 out of the case two times :)

The subtle branding on the official leather case, do a lot too in making the case feel like a natural extension of the DAP.

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #4,188 of 12,862
Does the official Sony leather case always causes problems with the magnetic closing mechanism or does it on,y happen to some units? If I understand correctly, if you close the cover when the screen is on, weird things happen like the music stops. Is this correct?

Hmm, I've tried to reproduce the issue with the OEM case. It just doesn't happen on my device. I've been using it daily for almost 2 weeks now and I never switch off my screen before pocketing it.

* Edited for annoying spelling mistake

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #4,190 of 12,862
Hmm, I've tried to reproduce the issue with the OEM case. It just doesn't happen on my device. I've been using it daily for almost 2 weeks now and I never switch off my screen before pocketing it.

Mine never does it either, but I turn the screen off every time, I like the official case, but I lust for the blue, green dignis case. Now if only the zx300 sounded good :frowning2: I mean with that weak soft sound with no dynamics. Super weak sauce :cry:.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #4,193 of 12,862

have the screen on. and try moving the flip cover in different directions, and see if it affects the screen.

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #4,194 of 12,862
Jan 28, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #4,197 of 12,862
Nope, just can't make it happen. No changes to the current screen or any song skips...
May be you have a different batch, I have removed the magnet, but it seems like some part of the case is also magnetised, and I still get the problem, but slightly weaker. I will probably pickup a dignis this coming month.

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #4,198 of 12,862
May be you have a different batch, I have removed the magnet, but it seems like some part of the case is also magnetised, and I still get the problem, but slightly weaker. I will probably pickup a dignis this coming month.

Does that mean you actually had to cut open the inside of the cover flap to remove the two magnet strips? The rest of my case has no magnetic parts in it, as far as I can tell...
pYLz09U.jpg

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #4,199 of 12,862
Does that mean you actually had to cut open the inside of the cover flap to remove the two magnet strips? The rest of my case has no magnetic parts in it, as far as I can tell...
pYLz09U.jpg
The bottom magnet has no affect on the screen, it's just the top part, there is also a metal plate running across the top of the flip lid, and about 1-2 inch along the left edge near the top magnet.

Try using a soft magnet and move it around the top of the Zx300, near the screen area.

IMG_20180129_013942.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #4,200 of 12,862
The bottom magnet has no affect on the screen, it's just the top part, there is also a metal plate running across the top of the flip lid, about 1-2 inch along the edgenear the top magnet.

I'm relieved it's not happening with my case, I'd hate to perform surgery on it, although I immediately would if it gave me this issue as well! All in all I'm happy I shelled out the 80 Euro for it. I've taken the ZX300 on two serious mountain hikes and the case really gives me the confidence to take it along for the journey. The dignis case actually looks really nice too though.

*Edit: I actually tried another magnet already (stronger than the one on the case) before when I was testing the cover. Didn't do anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back