Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 25, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #4,141 of 12,862
Is tha

Is that the Mee Audio cable with adapters? Have you had a chance to use it yet? Any opinions? I'm about to decide whether to get the Musashino 4.4mm - 3.5mm adapter or wether that kit will serve more purpose.

lol yep it's the mee adaptor set, and it's really nice quality, cable is really thick and still supple. I'm sure the musashimo will be really nice, I just got 40 bucks off this one and free 2 day shipping. Time will tell but it seems really nice.

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #4,142 of 12,862
About to cop the Zx300 but was wondering if the OEM leather case scratches the corners over time? Or are the corners soft enough not to scratch?

I'd probably want to take it out here and there to admire its full glory.

I take mine out quite a bit, and I have no scratches or wear on my black zx300. I also have the official case. I want the dignis one though :)

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #4,143 of 12,862
I have the OEM case, it's a really snug fit (and the quality feels great). I wouldn't worry about any damage to the silver model but the black one has a fairly sensitive coating. There's a soft lining on the inside of the case that extends to the parts that hold on to the housing of the zx300. The case doesn't really strike me as the type to be taken on and off frequently. Here's some pics...
XE0qvw2.jpg

92ZjQ91.jpg

Cheers buddy!

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #4,145 of 12,862
Double Post

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #4,146 of 12,862
I have the Dignis nubuck case and its a keeper.

upload_2018-1-25_18-21-25.png

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #4,149 of 12,862
I have the OEM case, it's a really snug fit (and the quality feels great). I wouldn't worry about any damage to the silver model but the black one has a fairly sensitive coating. There's a soft lining on the inside of the case that extends to the parts that hold on to the housing of the zx300. The case doesn't really strike me as the type to be taken on and off frequently. Here's some pics...
XE0qvw2.jpg

92ZjQ91.jpg
I agree with you about the not-taking-the-case-off part (and the rest) :). The plastic could lose its strength and not clam the ZX300 as fast.
The case is so nice, it doesn't matter anyway. Even though your pictures are very nice, the case feels a lot better and looks nicer in real-life. I feel almost somewhat sexy with the attached strap around my wrist and the black case with the black ZX300 in my hand :kissing_closed_eyes:

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #4,150 of 12,862
How does this compare to the WM1A ?
From many accounts: balanced is more or less equal, single-ended is a tad less (but not by much). And the sound signature ought to be more like WM1Z's than WM1A's.
Hope that helps. With the WM1A you get a built-quality that's just that little more premium (although one cannot fault the ZX300's), a bigger screen, more built-in capacity and probably somewhat better internals (but that are not as noticeable as the price difference should validate).

This is from all I've read about it, not from personal experience.

All in all, the ZX300 ought to be thest price-quality ratio. But if you're the guy who wants the best sound at 'money's no object', you should probably go for the WM1A. That is, unless you hate extra weight (like I do). :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #4,151 of 12,862
From many accounts: balanced is more or less equal, single-ended is a tad less (but not by much). And the sound signature ought to be more like WM1Z's than WM1A's.
Hope that helps. With the WM1A you get a built-quality that's just that little more premium (although one cannot fault the ZX300's), a bigger screen, more built-in capacity and probably somewhat better internals (but that are not as noticeable as the price difference should validate).

All in all, the ZX300 ought to be thest price-quality ratio. But if you're the guy who wants the best sound at 'money's no object', you should probably go for the WM1A. That is, unless you hate extra weight (like I do). :)

Thanks that was helpful. As someone that won’t be using balanced I can’t decide if the SE on the WM1A will be £400 better than the zx300

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #4,152 of 12,862
Thanks that was helpful. As someone that won’t be using balanced I can’t decide if the SE on the WM1A will be £400 better than the zx300
The ZX300's SE is very very nice. Like @abitdeef said: it just is so nicely layered and doesn't sounds like it's digital...almost. A very natural sound, especially after 200hrs burn-in.
Balanced ought to be better in terms of soundstage especially and also power.

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #4,153 of 12,862
The ZX300's SE is very very nice. Like @abitdeef said: it just is so nicely layered and doesn't sounds like it's digital...almost. A very natural sound, especially after 200hrs burn-in.

Thanks. I find my Pono to be very natural sounding so wouldn’t want to move to digital sounding player. Tempted by the zx300 now..

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #4,154 of 12,862

Thanks i appreciate the feedback. I have a ZX2, which i think is excellent, but bought for less than £600 in Amazon deals. There's quite a price difference between the ZX300 & WM1A and wondered if it was worth it, to which you've indicated.

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #4,155 of 12,862

I wonder how balanced ZX300, compares with TRRS ZX2. ( I've ordered a TRRS cable from the US, because i've never listened this way. I hope the expense will be worth it ! ? )

That begs the question, is the ZX300 better than the ZX2, in general ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back