Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 21, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #4,096 of 12,862
I have the case too, but find the magnet on the lid a pain that it affects the screen, So I used the chinese TPU one, somehow, I don't even know how I scratched it, i take really good care, probably because I wrapped my IEM around it, as I never done this before.
I will probably try the dignis case.
Oh right, I'd forgotten :) . I take it you really don't want to press the power-button before closing the lid? It's really just a matter of habit, I don't even think about it anymore and the lid therefore never interacts with the screen. :wink:

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #4,098 of 12,862
Just a kind reminder for those who has the black ZX300, do have a full protection case for it, the unit can easily get scratched, some how my unit has some minor scratches on it, you can clearly see the under silver color, I actauly though it has a much better coating that what it is now, i've had my ZX2 for over 2 years, not a single scratch.

I just used some permanent markers to cover it now.:sweat:

I guess I will keep my baby in the case then, sorry to hear that kms 108 :frowning2: And I have used black magic marker on quite a few daps :wink:. I don't know if you guys have sharpie brand by Stanford but their permanent markers are really permanent.

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #4,099 of 12,862
I have the case too, but find the magnet on the lid a pain that it affects the screen, So I used the chinese TPU one, somehow, I don't even know how I scratched it, i take really good care, probably because I wrapped my IEM around it, as I never done this before.
I will probably try the dignis case.

I have my eye on that green/blue dignis case myself. :wink: I will unashamedly accept any donations lol

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #4,101 of 12,862
I've sent an e-mail to Whathifi to complain about their underexamined review
Oh, come on! That's ridiculous! They are just sharing their opinion. They decided the ak70 mk2 is better and given that price-wise it's direct competition to the sony, of course, they'll give a higher star to the ak for more features at the same price. They never said the zx300 is a bad DAP.

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #4,102 of 12,862
Oh, come on! That's ridiculous! They are just sharing their opinion. They decided the ak70 mk2 is better and given that price-wise it's direct competition to the sony, of course, they'll give a higher star to the ak for more features at the same price. They never said the zx300 is a bad DAP.

It's more that they spent a bunch of time bagging on the sound of the Sony. And the review was thin thin thin but hey I haven't heard ak70ii, so maybe it's so dynamic it makes your ears bleed :wink: Not a very professional review imo, but really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'd rather hear people's opinions on here, or read actual user reviews.

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #4,103 of 12,862
It's an opinion, yes. But one that is based on only a glimpse of what the ZX300 can do. Would be more fair if they viewed the whole package, thus with full burn-in (and not a tiny 24 hrs) of 200 hrs per port as Sony recommends. And also by testing the two outputs (the reviewer seems to only have listened to the single-ended that was not even at a fourth of the recommended burn-in time)

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #4,104 of 12,862
I have my eye on that green/blue dignis case myself. :wink: I will unashamedly accept any donations lol

Now that is over the top, I can't believe you said this, in that case, I have my eye on the yellow dignis case
upload_2018-1-22_4-48-50.png
I will unashamedly accept any donations for a new ZX300, not the dignis case:yum:, i will buy that myself.

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #4,105 of 12,862
It's an opinion, yes. But one that is based on only a glimpse of what the ZX300 can do. Would be more fair if they viewed the whole package, thus with full burn-in (and not a tiny 24 hrs) of 200 hrs per port as Sony recommends. And also by testing the two outputs (the reviewer seems to only have listened to the single-ended that was not even at a fourth of the recommended burn-in time)
It seem like a on hand 10 minutes review, might as well not do the review.

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #4,107 of 12,862
Nearing the 200 hours mark on the balanced out. Thinking of opening a bottle of absinthe after the FTCAPs smile to me :D
I've only had time to put about 5-6 hours on mine but I smile at every track I play to hear all those glorious qualities this player has, and then I remember, IT GETS EVEN BETTER! I'm not going to speed up the process, it'll be like receiving a bonus - does a little on-screen messsge pop up and say CONGRATULATIONS you achieved 200 hours, here's an improvement in sound?

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #4,108 of 12,862
Here is a part that I don't understand, most sellers dont ship international, so how would

What about http://www.baopals.com , do you have the link for CC entry. were you talking about baopals or taobao.

I would be happy to help with onward shipping if people want to buy something. Could have something sent to me then forward it on ... obviously don’t want to do this for everyone all the time but if there’s something you absolutely can’t get elsewhere, let me know! (It might not be fast with double shipping haha)

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #4,109 of 12,862
I actually think the Whathifi star rating is accurate. I love the dap so far but, for the price, not having streaming options at all is probably worth minus one star. If this dap did tidal offline it would be untouchable, but it doesn’t. It doesn’t stream anything. And it has custom ports. Now, that’s not a killer for many of us but it’s a big feature gap in the current day and age. If it wasn’t for the A option being so much cheaper I would have tried another DAP to be honest.

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #4,110 of 12,862
And another 'against' of theirs is the lack of streaming options...
Whathifi, you can do better than this. So amateuristic :frowning2:

I think everyone would agree that streaming would have been a nice addition, just like more than 50mW/ch for SE... I would give it 5* if it had streaming/WiFi DLNA and say 100mW/ch... as it stands there is room for improvement so 4* in isolation is fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back