Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
  1. Partlys4int
    i just discovered CES is due january 7. ¨Perhaps some new balanced headphones? One can hope :)

abitdeef likes this.
  2. khestoi
    how come the unit in the video has a hires sticker?

3. superuser1
    You answered yourself. It's just a sticker! :)

abitdeef likes this.
  4. jonathane40
    I’m a bit confused about the volume cap and the high gain mode. I read that someone changed their unit’s region to E in order to “unlock” the high gain mode. Is this something that the American version of the unit will benefit from it it’s just for the European version that has the volume cap?

Thanks!

5. abitdeef

Oh no, it's not truly Hi Rez without the sticker :) like the guarantee on the box of brake pads in Tommy Boy.

kms108 and superuser1 like this.
  6. abitdeef

Do you have a Hi gain setting already? I would assume the US version has it, I know it's not volume capped.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  7. khestoi
    haha i also placed a sticker on mine so it is in a different league compared to stock lol

kms108, abitdeef and superuser1 like this.
  8. superuser1
    I want to see a picture ... the proof being in the pudding or something :D

kms108 likes this.
  9. abitdeef

ha ha I remember my cayin N3 came with like 4 extra hi def stickers.

kms108 likes this.
  10. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    I am starting work today and getting back into a normal rhythm. I was so impressed with the ZX300 I opted to go for the larger screen version (WM1A). Sound is virtually identical. I have that Musashino cable coming too. The ZX is the property of another member and I have to thank him so much. I will be doing a vid and sending your unit to you next week. I am a known Sony Homer/Fanboy. I just got so busy with other gear I never really gave their DAP's a chance. i had the WM1Z for 2 weeks but could not get past the crazy price. I demoed them both side by side yesterday (WM1 A/Z) in balanced with my ex1000 and ....the diff is overstated but when you pay $3000+ for something I guess you gotta believe that Kimber cable to the balanced jack instead of OFC really means something...which it doesn't.

Folks buying the ZX300 are getting Sony's wise attempt to bring the sound and U.I. of the WM1 series and price it in the not stupid range. Cuz it sounds awesome.

I have spent so much money getting cables for the PHA-3, customizing EX series IEM and ma-900 and now I am having to convert to 4.4 and...Sony keeps bleeding me and i keep going back cuz it is that good. I would not and will never rec the WM1A over the ZX300 because it is not worth it. ZX300 is them finally being reasonable and it will no doubt move more units than the WM1 series ever did.

11. PapaThrust
    I purchased a silver one here in the states and there is no plate on the back, just an embossed logo.

kms108 likes this.
  12. kms108
    I have about 15 piece, if I stick all of them on my zx300, even the wm1z doesn't compare.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I bet Sony never though about that.

13. kms108
    Because they put it on.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. kms108
    And I just spent so much on Sony stuff, not another new headphones, ex600, ex800, ex1000 and BD Xelento, already having a hard time deciding which one to use.

Partlys4int likes this.
  15. khestoi
    Here it is
    Let me know if you want a close up pic lol
    PSX_20171229_142912.jpg