Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 15, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #3,289 of 12,862
Apart from the official Sony case and the Dignis case, are there others worth looking at?
Musashino has 3 cases which includes a rubber, flip and a leather one like the dignis, benks has a tpu, there is a unbranded tpu and a silicon one.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #3,290 of 12,862
Musashino has 3 cases which includes a rubber, flip and a leather one like the dignis, benks has a tpu, there is a unbranded tpu and a silicon one.
Thanks i found most of them but couldn't find the benks tpu case. shipping to India is limited.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #3,291 of 12,862
Thanks i found most of them but couldn't find the benks tpu case. shipping to India is limited.
Sorry I mistaken the benks, it's for the 1A, there is two unbranded tpu.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #3,292 of 12,862
Two things,

First does anyone know of a place I can demo Sony XBA-N3 (mostly for fit and comfort) in the US?

And second I tried my zx300 in the car with the aux. imput and I noticed there isn't a line out setting so I don't have to turn it to maximum volume every time. I'm not missing anything settings am I ? Or maybe it's just better to go Bluetooth?

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #3,293 of 12,862
Two things,

First does anyone know of a place I can demo Sony XBA-N3 (mostly for fit and comfort) in the US?

And second I tried my zx300 in the car with the aux. imput and I noticed there isn't a line out setting so I don't have to turn it to maximum volume every time. I'm not missing anything settings am I ? Or maybe it's just better to go Bluetooth?

I haven't found any information about line out and my ZX300 is seen by my radio car but I receive message 'couldn't connect' when I try to pair it (car radio is Volkswagen RNS-510 from 2011)

Dec 15, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #3,294 of 12,862
352316BE-9216-4DB2-871C-E58FAFEFD41E.png
Two things,

You need that cable to used in your car

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #3,297 of 12,862
My 300 arrived.... but, where is the BT setting for the EQ? On my 100 there was an extra setting @BT settings ("sound effect progr.")
The 300 is useless without EQ presets for my LDAC BT headphones! :frowning2:
Any idea?
In addition, the balance setting does not work with BT. Another issue.... :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #3,298 of 12,862
My newest addition to my headphones collection has just showed up in my mail today.
As expected, the NW-ZX300 can drive the Sennheiser HD6XX (aka HD650) over the balanced output at high gain settings just fine, in fact getting over 80 in the volume knob becomes painfully loud.
This gives credence to the theory that EU units have an additional hardware implemented volume cap given that according to some users on this forum, those still have a hard time to drive the HD660S in high gain once unlocked with rockbox. (Obviously the HD650 are supposed to be much harder to drive and my own Japanese unit has no issue whatsoever with those)

P.S. I am using a Japanese unit with the destination changed to E.
DRKPptgXUAAJbkz.jpg:large

DRKSZAMWkAA2cwN.jpg:large

DRKSX7GWsAIeKlq.jpg:large

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #3,300 of 12,862
from the manual
When there is an active Bluetooth connection, the sound quality settings are invalid
today arrived, today sent back. Sorry. 700 Euro and this device does NOT have a simple sound setting for BT devices! This is a joke @Sony! NO balance setting, NO EQ, NO bass / treble... NOTHING, NADA!
The BT connectivity is a joke! My old 100 is working fine with EQ etc. pp. but the 300 has NO basic functions included for a simple sound setting! 700 Euro and this joke device.... I bought a LDAC headphone and YES, I use and I WILL use this connection with a Sony player, but not in this way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back