Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 7, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #3,170 of 12,862
1 what is your experience of its DAC function with windows pc? can more people confirm if there is delay making this player useless for video and games?

2 can you have your battery replaced if needed?

3 i want to ask Sony about dac delay problem and if they will fix it with firmware. Whom can i write to? Is there any english forum that these guys are checking or email adress for anyone around walkman designer team?

thanks bunch

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #3,171 of 12,862
1 what is your experience of its DAC function with windows pc? can more people confirm if there is delay making this player useless for video and games?

2 can you have your battery replaced if needed?

3 i want to ask Sony about dac delay problem and if they will fix it with firmware. Whom can i write to? Is there any english forum that these guys are checking or email adress for anyone around walkman designer team?

thanks bunch
1 delay makes it unusable for videos and video games
2 yes from sony if needed, not by user
3 Someone already asked them and they said it will not be changed because there is a lot of processing which makes it not possible

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #3,172 of 12,862
i found only three people on whole english net complaining about pc dac delay. So im wondering if it could be some rare issue with their system compatibility or if its just that unpopular outside asia and majority of people dont use it as dac with video and games. Could more people using nw zx300 as windows dac with videos and games post a quick comment here whether they got delay or not? I really need to know this to know if i should cancel my order. thank you

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #3,173 of 12,862
Strange thing, my ZX300 asked me to go to the Settings section and choose the option 'Rebuild database'.

It happened after I deleted an empty folder on the main storage that still displayed after the delete.

It took 2 minutes and everything is OK now.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3,174 of 12,862
i found only three people on whole english net complaining about pc dac delay. So im wondering if it could be some rare issue with their system compatibility or if its just that unpopular outside asia and majority of people dont use it as dac with video and games. Could more people using nw zx300 as windows dac with videos and games post a quick comment here whether they got delay or not? I really need to know this to know if i should cancel my order. thank you

Out of sync to video as DAC on PC, by about 1-2 seconds.

I only really used for Tidal but vids in Tidal and Youtube not in sync. Great as a DAP/DAC for music.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #3,175 of 12,862
Update 120 hours vs ak70. When I first got zx300 I thought it sounded wonderful with detailed bass and miss and nice highs. Ak70 won on power (still does) and soundstage width (still does only barely) but zx300 held it's own. But I thought treble on ak70 was smoother and more refined. Now after 120 hours I check again, and to my surprise the zx300 treble sounds more defined and clearer than ak70. It's almost like a slight veil was lifted, with this latest revelation I can easily say I greatly prefer zx300 to ak70.

Just more musical and more separation and more detail, other than pure power output ak70 has nothing on zx300. And this is only the SE output. The treble has really blossomed!

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #3,176 of 12,862
Update 120 hours vs ak70. When I first got zx300 I thought it sounded wonderful with detailed bass and miss and nice highs. Ak70 won on power (still does) and soundstage width (still does only barely) but zx300 held it's own. But I thought treble on ak70 was smoother and more refined. Now after 120 hours I check again, and to my surprise the zx300 treble sounds more defined and clearer than ak70. It's almost like a slight veil was lifted, with this latest revelation I can easily say I greatly prefer zx300 to ak70.

Just more musical and more separation and more detail, other than pure power output ak70 has nothing on zx300. And this is only the SE output. The treble has really blossomed!
Wait till you try the balance output after it has been burnt in..

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #3,179 of 12,862

finally, a ak70 comparison! thanks.

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #3,180 of 12,862
I heard the zx300 briefly in a Sony store in kl. Not impressed with the se output. Used a cheap dd and a custom hybrid. They didn't have a balanced cable for me to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back