Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 20, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #2,912 of 12,862
So probably not really worth it to "upgrade" as most my earphones are SE.

If I only had SE earphones I probably wouldn't other than far better battery life and usability (simpler device). Assuming Fiio have fixed the bugs. The X5III is a great device for the low price they charge. Got mine at the time for only £350.

Nov 20, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #2,913 of 12,862
If I only had SE earphones I probably wouldn't other than far better battery life and usability (simpler device). Assuming Fiio have fixed the bugs. The X5III is a great device for the low price they charge. Got mine at the time for only £350.
Well, technically as the X5III doesn't have the copper ring around the headphone output, the ZX300 should have less chance of interference too. Technically :)

Nov 20, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #2,915 of 12,862
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy the Lune Series MKIV Premium balanced cable from Null-Audio ( https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...ies-mkiii-premium-upgrade-cable-for-earphones ) but I don't know if I'll take it full-clear/non-sleeved or half-nylon/half-clear because I don't know which one is the best.

Have any idea ?
I don't like thic/braided cables for iems as they're stiff and noisier IMO. But I think the balanced one in the link it's rather an SE but they add a 3.5 to 4.4 adapter and make you pay 24 SGD for it too.

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #2,916 of 12,862
It's actually very good SE but balanced is no better unlike with the ZX300. More background hiss with X5III.

Personally I prefer sound sig. of the ZX300.

I also like the sound Sig of the ZX300 better than the X5iii also. It's not as warm and has great dynamics and the stage is close now that I have 100 hours on the ZX300.

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #2,917 of 12,862
Right? The official case is miles above other 'official' cases for electronics. I've not once felt the slight irritation like I do with other devices: to tear it off :)
And you can still see enough of the bare device, to admire it.
Also, I feel it is a nice look to wear the device in case in one hand with the strap over your wrist.

I'm not a big case guy, but the official case is really nice. Great workmanship and simple elegance, and it smells good too!

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #2,921 of 12,862
I don't know anymore, since it doesn't make any sense for me to do such thing. There is indeed a 2.5mm balanced cable. One whole piece. They're an audio store so doing that just does feel right.
It's a single cable wired for balanced operation. There's just a surcharge for the 4.4mm connector, shows up at 20 SGD when i check,

Try the Onso cable from Amazon JP, its the one I'm using and it has a minimal physical footprint and is really well built.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #2,922 of 12,862
Nov 21, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #2,923 of 12,862
Again with a warning 'Please check volume level' (press OK) while listening to an MP3 file (volume was @95).
In that case, the player stops itself and reduces volume to 75.
It was playing with same level since 20 minutes without any problem.

I know you changed the region, but you don't still have volume check ticked in the settings do you?

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #2,925 of 12,862
I know you changed the region, but you don't still have volume check ticked in the settings do you?

I didn't changed the region because I didn't have too (CEW2 but sound pressure was already OFF when I checked with SonyNWDestTool)
And AVLS is unticked in the settings (AVLS won't let you go for more than 75).

The weird thing is that happens randomly (twice within 70 hours of runtime, not a big deal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back