Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 13, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #2,686 of 12,862
Don't worry, I've sent Sony items from Japan to warranty service here in the U.S. and they didn't make an issue about it at all. Worst comes to worst, and I think they're going to help you out. No matter which country it came from. You may just need to spend 1-2 hours with them on the phone setting up the warranty service. But I'm sure you'll try everything you can to correct it before picking up the phone.
Dont be too sure about that, there has been cases of people being turned down, and some cases with people receiving email, that service will be rejected.

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #2,687 of 12,862
Hi,
Yes, same behavior... my prob is that it reboot every time before update is totaly done.
And it refuse to boot and to power off...
I’m crazy, it comes from japan and just two weeks of use... I’m so sad
How can i squeeze the boot ?¿?
It happened during « re-creating library » phase...
If you are saying it will reboot while the update app on pc side still showing around 50something %, then it is normal, after ZX300 complete the reboot the pc side will jump to 100% complete in a short moment.

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #2,688 of 12,862
Someone in the WM1A thread who also was in a boot loop, he used a older F/W and did a many tries and eventually sorted it out, although the Zx300 doesn't have a older F/W for you to use, try using the 1.02 and retry until it sorts out the problem, can't guaranteed it will work, but no harm in trying.

Try using both the media go and the execute file, remember to remove the memory card whiles doing this.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #2,689 of 12,862
If you are saying it will reboot while the update app on pc side still showing around 50something %, then it is normal, after ZX300 complete the reboot the pc side will jump to 100% complete in a short moment.
Ok so thanks for the info exactly what I wan’a Know, so the update is correct but it doesn’t boot anymore...
It happened to me after syncing some music, the zx300 was recreating library and just freeze so I reboot it and now it restart again and again...

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #2,690 of 12,862
Someone in the WM1A thread who also was in a boot loop, he used a older F/W and did a many tries and eventually sorted it out, although the Zx300 doesn't have a older F/W for you to use, try using the 1.02 and retry until it sorts out the problem, can't guaranteed it will work, but no harm in trying.

Try using both the media go and the execute file, remember to remove the memory card whiles doing this.
Hi, do you know where I can find the 1.02 update please ?
On sony’s Site there is just 1.10 version I can’t seem to find 1.02 strange ...

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #2,692 of 12,862
I’ll try with mediago this afternoon and tell you what happened...
But even with updated the device it reboot again and again...
By the way, if someone know how to download the 1.02 firmware version it could be nice (but i’m Not sure it’s possible to downgrade...).
My prob is that I can’t even turn it off...
When i’ll be back at home it will be completely discharge so maybee with a little luck...

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #2,693 of 12,862
I’ll try with mediago this afternoon and tell you what happened...
But even with updated the device it reboot again and again...
By the way, if someone know how to download the 1.02 firmware version it could be nice (but i’m Not sure it’s possible to downgrade...).
My prob is that I can’t even turn it off...
When i’ll be back at home it will be completely discharge so maybee with a little luck...
Can you try to enable usb mass storage, this should keep it from rebuilding the library, if so, then delete your music, that might fix it.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #2,694 of 12,862
Can you try to enable usb mass storage, this should keep it from rebuilding the library, if so, then delete your music, that might fix it.
Hello Mathieulh, problem is that it reboot every 3/4min...
First time it happen when recreating library, then it restart and the bootloop began...
Then the wave appears on the screen
It’s detected by my computer (walkman and sdcard are ok: see them and can access them)...
Then it restart again...
And again...
And again...
Îve tried to update it (and seems update is ok), but when restarting it bootloop...

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #2,695 of 12,862
Hello Mathieulh, problem is that it reboot every 3/4min...
First time it happen when recreating library, then it restart and the bootloop began...
Then the wave appears on the screen
It’s detected by my computer (walkman and sdcard are ok: see them and can access them)...
Then it restart again...
And again...
And again...
Îve tried to update it (and seems update is ok), but when restarting it bootloop...
Hum... This doesn't seem like a software issue if it reboots while connected as usb mass storage. Can you try to delete all your music on the device? 3 minutes should be enough time to do that. If it keeps rebooting this is probably a hardware issue (faulty capacitor, power supply issue...)

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #2,696 of 12,862
Hum... This doesn't seem like a software issue if it reboots while connected as usb mass storage. Can you try to delete all your music on the device? 3 minutes should be enough time to do that. If it keeps rebooting this is probably a hardware issue (faulty capacitor, power supply issue...)
Arghhhhhh
I’ll try this afternoon and tell you the next...
I really hope a software issue...

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #2,697 of 12,862
Ok so thanks for the info exactly what I wan’a Know, so the update is correct but it doesn’t boot anymore...
It happened to me after syncing some music, the zx300 was recreating library and just freeze so I reboot it and now it restart again and again...
Anyway you can delete the music files in main memory? You may have corrupt files.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #2,698 of 12,862
Anyway you can delete the music files in main memory? You may have corrupt files.
I’ll try this afternoon (I’m at work now), but yes erase is possible, the fact is that it happened to me after put one song on the sdcard, the walkman memory wasn’t upgraded and I had no problems to read files on it
I removed the sdcard and re-apply the update 3/4 time with no luck...
But i’ll try when coming back home... hope this will solve my issue.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #2,700 of 12,862
I’ll try this afternoon (I’m at work now), but yes erase is possible, the fact is that it happened to me after put one song on the sdcard, the walkman memory wasn’t upgraded and I had no problems to read files on it
I removed the sdcard and re-apply the update 3/4 time with no luck...
But i’ll try when coming back home... hope this will solve my issue.
The database itself may be corrupt and could have to be rebuilt entirely, I don't suppose you could go into settings before it has a chance to reboot and use the option to rebuild the whole database by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back