Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 6, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #946 of 12,862
Oct 6, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #949 of 12,862
So no streaming support on this one from Tidal or Spotify? Was hoping for Tidal MQA support.

Oct 6, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #953 of 12,862
That is a tragedy.

ZX300 > USB DAC > LDAC Bluetooth to 1000XM2 would have been amazing for tidal masters / MQA.

Missed opportunity Sony :frowning2:
Well, over bluetooth the headphones' DAC is used, rather than the one in your DAP, so that may explain things. If an LDAC compatible bluetooth dongle existed on PC, you might as well have used that, sadly I don't think there is one.

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #956 of 12,862
I want black too, I'm in no rush atm, but I'd like to get a US version or as Asian tourist model if I can.
From what I understand and heard, only Japan would offer tourist versions. Don't hold your breath for the US version in black though. It is possible, but knowing Sony they won't just add the black model to the ZX300 range.

I remember reading from a user that accessoryjack does the utmost to assist you if you need a repair. You will have to pay shipping though, but i suspect it'll be less than if you would ship it on your own.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #957 of 12,862
Even if you want to ship it to Hong Kong, Sony Hong Kong only accepts walk in warranty repair.

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #958 of 12,862
From what I understand and heard, only Japan would offer tourist versions. Don't hold your breath for the US version in black though. It is possible, but knowing Sony they won't just add the black model to the ZX300 range.

I remember reading from a user that accessoryjack does the utmost to assist you if you need a repair. You will have to pay shipping though, but i suspect it'll be less than if you would ship it on your own.

Does accessory jack even have the black model yet? I figure by the end of October someone on amazon or somewhere will have black to buy. I got a blue green nw a35 and it was cool, but I sold it and got the charcoal, I like it much better. I'm selling my bkue/green ak70 to get the black one or just get ak70 mk2 still undecided. I know I'm getting the zx300 though. I pulled my a35 out (haven't used it since I got ak70) and it really holds it's own against the ak70, very very clear and dynamic, and has better bass response. Ak has a wider stage and more headroom, but overall I think the a35 sounds more energetic and enjoyable.

I guess I'm just like the understated look of black daps compared to silver or other colours. I think it makes the screen pop more also. I might try accessory jack, they seem to be pretty reputable.

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #959 of 12,862
Even if you want to ship it to Hong Kong, Sony Hong Kong only accepts walk in warranty repair.

I'm guessing accessoryjack would just switch out the unit and then deal with warranty themselves. Not many companies do actual warranty repair. Lots of defective units are refurbished and sold as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back