Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 11, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #451 of 12,862
did you listened zx300? or these are your insights?
It's more of a suggestion, there should be a improvment over the ZX2, as it is a discontiued model.

Sep 11, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #452 of 12,862
Hi, I'm new here, but "lurking" for some time, and as an audiophile, I really enjoy this forum. :relaxed:

So today I went to the Ginza Sony Store in Tokyo and tested the new NW-ZX300, using the balanced output. They had two demo models, black and silver (both 64 GB). Here are a few thoughts.

1. Design. NW-ZX300 is an incredibly well-crafted little device, feels very good in the palm of your hand, very light without appearing cheap or plasticky (like the old Apple nano). You really feel it's a quality product, sleek, gorgeous, and sexy--a miniature version of the NW-ZX2! It almost feels like an oversized luxury lighter, and at first glance might even be mistaken for one! The matte display is new, and that also is something to be impressed with. For one, you don't need to worry about fingerprint smudges anymore, and for another, it really feels nice too!

2. Sound quality. I own both the ZX100 and WM-NW1A. The new NW-ZX300 sounds a LOT better than the former, while it is still slightly inferior to the WM-NW1A in terms of sound quality. But that's of course to be expected. The difference, mind you, is very minor, but noticeable for all that, if you're an audiophile like myself. The natural clarity and impact is slightly lacking, but again, it's a minor issue. It still sounds better than 98% of audio players out there!

3. Overall impression. This is another wonderful quality product from Sony, and I personally will definitely get it (I prefer the black one). The number one advantage is its portability, no question, combined with its top-notch sound quality, even if it doesn't quite reach the heights of the WM series. And while on the go, honestly, I bet many of us don't need a WM-NW1A or WM-NW1Z like sound quality anyway! :o2smile:

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #453 of 12,862
vg903eQ.jpg
p95pr

Today, at the Sony Store in Tokyo!

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #455 of 12,862
so what was the main difference in sound between the ZX100 and ZX300

There's no comparison. ZX300 sounds much better than ZX100 in every way. Sound is warmer, more detailed, cleaner, even louder. Gives you a much better sense of spacial presence and separation. But mainly, I'd say, it's the clarity and detail that come across, which you'll notice right away, especially when listening to classical or orchestral music.

ZX300 comes really close to WM-NW1A, I thought.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #456 of 12,862
There's no comparison. ZX300 sounds much better than ZX100 in every way. Sound is warmer, more detailed, cleaner, even louder. Gives you a much better sense of spacial presence and separation. But mainly, I'd say, it's the clarity and detail that comes across, which you'll notice right away, especially when listening to classical or orchestral music.

ZX300 comes really close to WM-NW1A, I thought.
Did you try both SE and balanced?

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #459 of 12,862
Sep 12, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #461 of 12,862
From seller

We are now currently pre-selling the Sony Walkman NW-ZX300 Hi-Res Audio now and will be ship on October 7,2017. Pre-order yours now so we can reserve one for you, the stocks will run out fast after its selling date.

Does it say which version this is? If it's available already, this could be an imported Japanese version, the tourist model, or an imported EU version.

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #462 of 12,862
Does it say which version this is? If it's available already, this could be an imported Japanese version, the tourist model, or an imported EU version.
I think the seller is claiming this to be the 64 Gb version. Nothing more i could find.

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #464 of 12,862
Well, the 64GB is the standard version available in all areas, isn't it?
Yes absolutely. At least thats what i gather from all this talk. The 16 gigs is for china only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back