SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #14,087 of 14,755
This is where I get all my FLAC files.
http://www.hdtracks.com

Thanks man, but i cant seem to find individual song download links, only managed to find whole album download...

Just to check, Usually for new song release, are their flac file also available or need to wait it becomes available..

I am also looking for 90s oldies like backstreet boys etc, but seems like no luck in finding .. hahhah

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #14,088 of 14,755
Thanks man, but i cant seem to find individual song download links, only managed to find whole album download...

Just to check, Usually for new song release, are their flac file also available or need to wait it becomes available..

I am also looking for 90s oldies like backstreet boys etc, but seems like no luck in finding .. hahhah

Try here:
https://www.7digital.com/

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #14,089 of 14,755
7digital is the place to go to buy FLAC now, but the best was the Pono Store, to bad Neil Young close it. Don't be scared to buy MP3's from the Google Play store.
Costco/BJ's often sell the $100 gift card for $85 without membership and join the Google Opinion Reward, download the app so far i made $91.81 since December 2014.
They sound just as good but if the FLAC file is only 0.20 cent more then i buy the FLAC from 7digital.

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #14,092 of 14,755

Tried it but it is quite funny.

In the UK website of 7digital, I can find Jonas Blue By Your Side Flac, but I cant purchase it online as I need a credit card issued in UK. So I was redirected to Singapore site for it. The thing is 7digital Singapore doesn't offer Flac file but only MP3 version of it.

Tried the worldwide version of 7digital but no result for the song search ...

Still trying to my find my way to buy good flac songs for keeping.

Jan 24, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #14,093 of 14,755
Many of these music download site, are for local download, due to local regulation for music download and restriction.

That's why many japan site is for Japan only.

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #14,095 of 14,755
Some of the sites, you can get away with VPN, but others are rather complicated.

For mora japan, I can use prepaid cards purchased in japan or many stores in Hong Kong import them, but on my PC, I cannot make the purchase, I have to use my android phones to purchase music, after purchase, I can use my PC for download. other japanese sites, I can't get around there system, so I cannot purchased.

There are many international site that wont allow me to even register. HDTracks in Hong Kong is crap, i've used them a few times, but their files are record in low volume.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #14,096 of 14,755
Some of the sites, you can get away with VPN, but others are rather complicated.

For mora japan, I can use prepaid cards purchased in japan or many stores in Hong Kong import them, but on my PC, I cannot make the purchase, I have to use my android phones to purchase music, after purchase, I can use my PC for download. other japanese sites, I can't get around there system, so I cannot purchased.

There are many international site that wont allow me to even register. HDTracks in Hong Kong is crap, i've used them a few times, but their files are record in low volume.
Yup. So far I only managed to purchased MP3 version..

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #14,099 of 14,755
I wish Sony would make the new Walkman with android and WiFi for streaming Tidal. I pretty much stream only now. The ZX2 is just too slow these days with Tidal hifi. I thought about getting my zx2 refurbished but I don’t think it’s worth it.

One of the reasons I loved the zx2 was that it’s eq affected streaming as well, so I could eq tidal streaming. Do any of the new Xperia phones have the same feature where the eq affects everything?

Hey talan, where do you go to adjust the EQ for tidal? I tried going under settings> sound> customize sound settings ,but everytime i try this it gives me error message "unfortunately, settings has stopped".

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #14,100 of 14,755
Hey talan, where do you go to adjust the EQ for tidal? I tried going under settings> sound> customize sound settings ,but everytime i try this it gives me error message "unfortunately, settings has stopped".

Under settings, sound, eq. I turn up the clear bass and use the eq. On my ZX2 it affects everything, including Tidal. I bought my ZX2 used off a fellow head-fier. I wonder if it's hacked. It never ran fast. I have an old Xperia phone (Z3 compact) and its eq doesn't affect tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back