SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 29, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #13,981 of 14,755
find and buy a non-EU zx2 without the volume limiter , it's not worth it

i had the EU version , then sold it and got the Japan version - and my piece of advice is this : just go for a non-EU model

cheers

Oct 29, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #13,984 of 14,755
I must have missed that.
So, it will not be 20-30% louder as stated in the post?

The vague 20-30% is the whole point here. Someone claimed to have eeked out an unproved percentage difference. Anyone with both units can tell the volume cap is significantly louder than that. So whatever it changes, if indeed it changes anything at all, it sure ain't the volume cap.
As with the newer Sony models, where the volume cap can definitely be removed, if this solved the problem then owners would be all over it.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #13,987 of 14,755
Hi, I am looking for a system wide EQ with Convolution filter for the Sony NW-ZX2. I like to use it with the Audzee iSine 20 and the WAV file with the convolution is so far the closest I could get to the Cipher cable. Any recommendations?

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #13,988 of 14,755
Hello friends,
need to ask a quick question, the answer to which I know is buried somewhere in this thread.
How can you charge the PHA-3 and play it simultaneously? What charger and how many amps? I was looking at Sony's AC-UD20.. Can this charger do the trick?

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #13,994 of 14,755
Hello friends,
need to ask a quick question, the answer to which I know is buried somewhere in this thread.
How can you charge the PHA-3 and play it simultaneously? What charger and how many amps? I was looking at Sony's AC-UD20.. Can this charger do the trick?

Pha-3 has separated charging circuitry which uses Micro USB, and can be charged simultaneously by IPad Pro Charger
I never used AC-UD20 because there was never any need for it. Using iPad Pro Charger I was able to get the Pha-3 to always be remained at full battery, and operating 24/7

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #13,995 of 14,755
Hi, I have just connected my ZX2 to my DAC with Sony WMC-NWH10 USB conversion cable, but....No sound...Am I missing something ?

You may be missing something. I had never failed to use this NwH10 Dongle Cables to do digital output into external DAC. Could be your usb cables that you connected it to. Swap the cables and see ? Did your DAC input opted for USB connection ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back