SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 29, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #13,955 of 14,755
I'm streaming tidal btw.

I don't own the iFi DSD so I can't comment on that but the ZX2 has a hit or miss connection with my Aurender Flow. Sometimes I need to restart the ZX2 to get the connection to work. The Flow also has the same problem with my Windows 10 Surfacebook but no problems with my Macs or iOS devices so it may be just be an issue with the Flow.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #13,956 of 14,755
i decided to sell my zx2 so if anyone is looking for a nice deal check my FS

as fr BL micro , why pair zx2 and kill its amazing battery ?

Sep 28, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #13,959 of 14,755
Help please - finally I decided to buy the WMC-nwh10 cable for digital out from Zx2 to another DAC. Yes know it may be silly, but just wanted to try. Eventually received it from Japan:wink:
However, it doesn't seem to work with the DAC magic plus. Thought it would work with any DAC? Any ideas? Are there any particular requirements for DACs in this respect?

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #13,960 of 14,755
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #13,961 of 14,755
So many thanksThe trick is to connect the cable then turn the DAC on.

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #13,963 of 14,755
Help please - finally I decided to buy the WMC-nwh10 cable for digital out from Zx2 to another DAC. Yes know it may be silly, but just wanted to try. Eventually received it from Japan:wink:
However, it doesn't seem to work with the DAC magic plus. Thought it would work with any DAC? Any ideas? Are there any particular requirements for DACs in this respect?

Completely depends on the DAC. Sometimes it works only if I use the Sony standard player as the Onkyo player does not work, but later I can switch between the two. To be honest I have given up to use it for such things. I just use it as it is and be happy with it.

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #13,964 of 14,755
Completely depends on the DAC. Sometimes it works only if I use the Sony standard player as the Onkyo player does not work, but later I can switch between the two. To be honest I have given up to use it for such things. I just use it as it is and be happy with it.

I sometimes use my Aurender Flow with the ZX2 as it powers my Audeze LCD-XCs etc much better than the ZX2. It doesn’t always connect for me but that is easily fixed by turning the Sony off and then restarting it. I also make sure the Sony music player app is loaded up before I plug it intto he Aurender. The Flow sounds great but also has a aimilar problem with my Windows 10 laptop. Seems to be a poor driver implementation by Aurender.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back