SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 28, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #13,336 of 14,755

Yes I emailed them yesterday...and they responded that it is in Stock. I asked if it was possible to purchase and ship because I didn't want to pay 8% sales tax...but they said I could only buy in store

Well, after trying to call the store, and got kicked all over the places by the automated system which did not even solve the problem of my questions...I can tell you that "Sony Supports Suck"

Even Oppo customer supports is much better in the states. I talked to a real person who knew their stuff....unlike Sony and their stupid Automated system.

Looking from the way the whole system is as a faulty system, I can assure you that whoever answered your email did only the "copy and Paste" from other products such as Z-series Television. I can assure you that no Signature devices line up is available in stock, and I can assure you that even Sony Representatives on the floor won't know what they are talking about...

I am so infuriated

whitigir know i was emailed by AJ for a preorder offer of WM1A 
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #13,337 of 14,755
I have a question. Currently I am using Aurisons ASG 2.0 modified with the ASG 2.5 woofer IEMS. For my source, I am using an IPHONE 6s Plus, using Tidal HD streaming. Anytime I listen to music, I have my volume up to around 85%. I was told an amp, and external dap would help me with not having the volume up so high, and improve the sound quality alot.

So my question, is that I was looking at the possibility of the Sony NW-ZX2 due to having android, that way I could continue to use Tidal at work, plus load my cds, and download music onto. 

Would I still need an external amp going with the Sony NW-ZX2 as a source, do you recommend something that my work better for same or lower price. For cable, I am just using the stock cable that came with my IEMS.

Thanks

Oct 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #13,338 of 14,755
I owned the asg's and zx2. It really depends on how hard you want the bass to hit with them. The zx2 drives them to acceptable levels IIRC, but to get that deep bass, amp is preferred. But that's from my poor memory from last year.

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #13,339 of 14,755
Does anyone find Qobuz app on ZX2 to be just not good? Album art not loading up at all properly at times. Not good.

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #13,340 of 14,755
I owned the asg's and zx2. It really depends on how hard you want the bass to hit with them. The zx2 drives them to acceptable levels IIRC, but to get that deep bass, amp is preferred. But that's from my poor memory from last year.

Thanks, do you know what amp/fav would be best to run with them. I know, I need to change the stock cable, just trying to figure out which one is best for not super expensive.

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #13,342 of 14,755
  new zx2 for just 578 euros

wow 
eek.gif

https://www.amazon.de/Sony-NW-ZX2-High-Resolution-Walkman-schwarz/dp/B00T7S7DTM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477740833&sr=8-2&keywords=NW-WM1A

No, beware..this is a fake Amazon-Dealer....

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #13,343 of 14,755
Well, after trying to call the store, and got kicked all over the places by the automated system which did not even solve the problem of my questions...I can tell you that "Sony Supports Suck"

Even Oppo customer supports is much better in the states. I talked to a real person who knew their stuff....unlike Sony and their stupid Automated system.

Looking from the way the whole system is as a faulty system, I can assure you that whoever answered your email did only the "copy and Paste" from other products such as Z-series Television. I can assure you that no Signature devices line up is available in stock, and I can assure you that even Sony Representatives on the floor won't know what they are talking about...

I am so infuriated
I called and yes it didn't work. So I emailed the store. It is their flagship store and the fact they said it wasn't on display shows they clearly know it's the w1ma. I habe to play a concert tonight so I'll probably check it out Monday and confirm if you can wait.

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #13,345 of 14,755
I called and yes it didn't work. So I emailed the store. It is their flagship store and the fact they said it wasn't on display shows they clearly know it's the w1ma. I habe to play a concert tonight so I'll probably check it out Monday and confirm if you can wait.

That would be awesome, I would love that. If it is there, I would grab it right away .... Lol

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #13,346 of 14,755
AcessoryJack has the NW-ZX2 for 1069.99 USD which i consider a so-so price considering that some folks here report as low as 500 USD

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #13,347 of 14,755
AcessoryJack has the NW-ZX2 for 1069.99 USD which i consider a so-so price considering that some folks here report as low as 500 USD

Surely 500 is either scam or second hand

Oct 30, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #13,348 of 14,755
I've got a few different usb adapters and am not having any luck getting my zx2 to send audio out to Chord Mojo, I feel it must be a setting?  I am trying to stream tidal and use usb out but the mojo isn't picking it up.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.  

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #13,349 of 14,755
I've got a few different usb adapters and am not having any luck getting my zx2 to send audio out to Chord Mojo, I feel it must be a setting?  I am trying to stream tidal and use usb out but the mojo isn't picking it up.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.  
You cannot use a standard usb cable for that connection. You need a sony digital adapter wmc-nwh10. This adapter with your usb cable will make the connection! There are 2 other ways one being diy which you will still need the wmc-nwh10 adapter for. I have a few pics posted on what you need to do. The other it to buy a third party cable already made! Belowvarw pics of the adapter and the cables I made!
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back