SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #13,306 of 14,755
So people who have zx2 with last year's setting. Enable sound adjustment app
restart the player.

Once the device restarts,

Go to the apps then all tab and kill the 20.0k sound adjustment app. This makes the volume louder.
agreed. Volume is louder

Then start sound adjustment app again, play a track, then enable and disable clearaudio+ while playing. Pause the track.
i can do this but making this change does not alter the sound. I enable it, I disable it, the sound stays the same

Go to apps then running tab and kill the 5megabyte app. Do not kill the one in the all tab.
Ok, done
Unpause the track or restart the track. Sound should be different.

Nope. Volume is still up from earlier but sound no different
Secondly, the sound adjustment app is still showing as running in the 'all' tab. Is this correct?

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #13,307 of 14,755
The before and after is not clear to me. It's 'possible' it sounds muddier then is clearer after this tweak. I just can't say fully if this is so. Lol.

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #13,308 of 14,755
is this just for the eu zx2 , with the volume cap thing ?

anyone with a non-eu zx2 , did you see any significant sound changes ? i still can not understand any changes

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #13,312 of 14,755
well, I just enabled sound enhancements and reverted my japan zx2 to its stock sound

the disabling sounds apps is probably a good choice for the EU models who lack power/oomph

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #13,313 of 14,755
  well, I just enabled sound enhancements and reverted my japan zx2 to its stock sound

the disabling sounds apps is probably a good choice for the EU models who lack power/oomph

​Does not the sound adjustments ruin the sound *specially ClearAudio+? I had ClearAdio+ in my sony vaio and was "why my XBA-Z5 sound like Crap out of the laptop????" until i saw the CA+ and disabled it wow cleaner sound but it decreased in volumen, quite strange

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #13,314 of 14,755

​Does not the sound adjustments ruin the sound *specially ClearAudio+? I had ClearAdio+ in my sony vaio and was "why my XBA-Z5 sound like Crap out of the laptop????" until i saw the CA+ and disabled it wow cleaner sound but it decreased in volumen, quite strange

I thought 'ClearAudio' made the sound worse also. IMHO it makes it sound muddy and rubbishio!

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #13,315 of 14,755
Hello dudes, Tried to look info in this thread about the synergy of ZX2 with Noble Savanna IEMs but found none, yes i found of the K10 and S5 nobles.. how would you describe the synergy and SQ of a ZX2 (all Sonic engancements off) with a noble (C)IEM?

thanks

asking this because you may know i am getting a wm1A and i subbed to a noble savanna Giveaway (hope i am the winner)

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #13,316 of 14,755

I thought 'ClearAudio' made the sound worse also. IMHO it makes it sound muddy and rubbishio!

Yes like clearAudio seems to overaccentuate bass esp midbas and makes the sound hollow less clarity in mid and high. should be renamed to MuddyAudio+ 
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #13,317 of 14,755
i have a question about zx2, does 3rd party app(poweramp etc) supports its s master hx? cuz i heard about that android dac like dpx1 has dual dac and thrid party app cant directly use it so i m confused about if zx2 has same issue?

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #13,318 of 14,755
i have a question about zx2, does 3rd party app(poweramp etc) supports its s master hx? cuz i heard about that android dac like dpx1 has dual dac and thrid party app cant directly use it so i m confused about if zx2 has same issue?

As far as being able to USE third party apps, like Poweramp, yes--I've seen just about every audio player program available for Android used on the ZX2. However, the consensus seems to be that only the stock player application has full access to all the audio/hardware features of the ZX2. In other words, you won't be able to extract the full quality of the ZX2 audio hardware with anything other than the stock app.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #13,319 of 14,755
Yes exactly. I guess I'm also one of the few that can't here a difference between the single ended vs trrs wiring. I can tell the ZX2 sounds fantastic as well as other DAPs but I can barely tell the difference in sound amongst them. The biggest improvement in sound came when I went from Shure se530s to the se846. And even then I think the significant difference was the addition of low frequency response more than anything else. But oh boy did it sound amazing!

to me is interesting.
how loud do you listen to se535?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back