SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 9, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #12,121 of 14,755
No confliction, zx2. It really blew me away when I heard it. X7 advantages are obviously the module system and the power. Other than that, Sony is a better device. So much better that I'm reconsidering getting one. Especially if there is root now. I loved the zx2 prior to root, and prior to the most amazing synergy I've ever heard (tralucent Plus 5).

Unfortunately there's still no root available for the zx2, just checked the xda thread. :frowning2:

Jul 10, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #12,123 of 14,755
No such line in our file (just checked).
Edit
Sorry, on my mobile and the quote option didn'twork! This post is in response to the idea that /system/build.prop can he edited in exactly the same was as on the Xperias to remove the Eu volume cap.

Having said this, it may well be possible to identify which lines have a high probability of being involved in the volume cap by comparing the build.prop file from a US machine to that of an EU machine..... Then, it would just take someone with very large b***s who was prepared to take a huge leap of faith to test the theory!

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #12,126 of 14,755
Really? I thought someone mentioned it here about 2 days ago. Oh well... Still sounded absolutely amazing, I've definitely missed it, much more than my AK240.

That is a bummer no root access. I have always been bummed out as despite really wanting to buy the ZX2 as I need more power if I go wired it was a no go for me. Awesome to hear that you still love the ZX2. I follow the X7 thread and I have to admit I am surprised at the number of issues that continue to plague it. Just proves that it is hard to do a solid job customizing Android without significant testing resources which I suspect compared to a company like Sony, FiiO lacks.

Jul 10, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #12,127 of 14,755
Have anyone succeeded to use ZX2 as a transport feeding external DAC/AMP and if yes, what was the setup and cables used?

I'm very disappointed that cannot use it as transport even that I bought WMC-NWH10 cable, which only purpose is this. 
The only success that I achieve is with ZX2->WMC-NWH10->USB to micro usb cable supplied with Oppo->Oppo HA-2.
With other USB to micro usb cable Oppo do not work /or should I say ZX2 do not work?/.
Unfortunately HA-2 is not mine, as I like it's quality a lot.  

I tried with my Teac AI-501 and Cambridge Audio 100 Plus as desktop dacs with no success. Same with my portable DAC/Amp Pioneer XPA-700.

Am I missing something?

I really what to be able to use my collection of music uploaded on ZX2 with my home setups. Just connect and play, with no PCs, streaming and other stuff for source. Unfortunately the line out from ZX2 is useless as it is with very low level.

I think to buy a Sony's dedicated dock for ZX2, as it is recommended here as quality product and also to charge ZX2 while playing, but now must reconsider as it may be useless.

Thanks.

Jul 10, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #12,128 of 14,755
The Sony BCR-NWH10 Docking Station works very well for connecting the ZX2 to either a DAC or Computer and allows charging at the same time. I'm using one at the moment as I type.
I also use an NWH10 cable, but prefer the dock.
Bit of a pain that I had to direct import both from Japan though. What is Sony playing at?

Jul 10, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #12,129 of 14,755
What dacs and usb cables are you using? Specially with the Sony WMC-NWH10 cable.

Yes it is annoying that these accessories cannot be bought freely. I asked friend of mine to buy it for me from Singapore, while he is on business trip. 

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #12,130 of 14,755
There is no point in getting the dock unless you search if it works seamlessly with your dac, or atleast you get to try it yourself at any shop..

iam using WMC-NWH10 with my idsd micro, and its not a direct working operation sometimes it works directly but other times i need to reconnect it a couple of times, honestly i dont know if its zx2 problem or idsd's

but some people mention it kinda need to be connected in a certain order to work directly..

try shutting off your zx2 and connect to the dac then switching on, or even if the zx2 is idle try connecting it first before switching on the screen..

What dacs and usb cables are you using? Specially with the Sony WMC-NWH10 cable.

Yes it is annoying that these accessories cannot be bought freely. I asked friend of mine to buy it for me from Singapore, while he is on business trip. 

Jul 10, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #12,131 of 14,755
Sonic Defender having owned the X7 for months, I don't have issues with mine, at least nothing that is disrupting my enjoyment. I still highly recommend the X7. I still prefer it over the AK240. Depending on the IEMS, I could choose zx2 or X7. If they are sensitive and easy to drive, zx2 would be my choice. If we obtain root, zx2 would be my first choice all day.

Ironically, I didn't enjoy the Z5 at all with the zx2. Tralucent Plus 5 was absolutely amazing.

If you guys are interested in root, we could put up a bounty thread on xda. I'll donate $50 to the cause. Let me know, I'll set it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back