SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #11,356 of 14,755
Hey guys I have a Rhapsodio Silver Litz 8-strand cable for sale, with 3.5 trrs plug terminated for Hifiman/Plenue S/ZX2 and 2-pin connectors.

It is a high resolution cable with black background and cold mid-bass presentation which gives it excellent separation.It does have some microphonics; I'm personally never bothered by it because I do listening on the go, but it can be annoying if you're listening at a desk.

Retails at $600. Looking for 300 euro plus fees.

Please PM if interested. I will check if there is any interest at the end of the week, if not I'll have it reterminated to trs and put it up for sale.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #11,360 of 14,755
Aren't the 'grounds' on the top ring and sleeve with the ZX2?

In which case this can be used on a TRS connection as it is - no need to reterminate.

You need adapter, the right kind that can work with it, but all in all, it is better to reterminate if you don't have any uses for the TRRS ? Hope it makes senses

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #11,361 of 14,755
You need adapter, the right kind that can work with it, but all in all, it is better to reterminate if you don't have any uses for the TRRS ? Hope it makes senses

It does ...

I was thinking that if you insert the TRRS plug into a TRS jack the common ground will connect to both the upper ring and sleeve giving the right connection. But of course that depends on the configuration of the jack as to whether the internal contact interfaces with both sections - it may or may not work.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #11,362 of 14,755
It does ...

I was thinking that if you insert the TRRS plug into a TRS jack the common ground will connect to both the upper ring and sleeve giving the right connection. But of course that depends on the configuration of the jack as to whether the internal contact interfaces with both sections - it may or may not work.
If you trrs is not configured as hifiman or sony its not goung to work without an adapter as your ring and sleve for left and right are not correct and in turn if you plug it in you will wither get one channel of sound or no sound at all not to mention the possibility of burning up the amp section of your sony!

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #11,363 of 14,755

It does ...

I found (to my regret) that the TRRS cable I have on my K10 does not work with the Chord Hugo, only get sound out of the left earphone. This is definitely due to the configuration of the jack, but I'm not knowledgeable enough in such things to understand exactly why. Just that it's not so straightforward when you try to use ZX2-compatible TRRS with TRS.

Anyone actually able to use their ZX2 TRRS cables successfully with any TRS-only equipment? I'd be interested to know what just works by default :)

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #11,364 of 14,755
  I found (to my regret) that the TRRS cable I have on my K10 does not work with the Chord Hugo, only get sound out of the left earphone. This is definitely due to the configuration of the jack, but I'm not knowledgeable enough in such things to understand exactly why. Just that it's not so straightforward when you try to use ZX2-compatible TRRS with TRS.

Anyone actually able to use their ZX2 TRRS cables successfully with any TRS-only equipment? I'd be interested to know what just works by default :)

the TRRS works with ifi idsd micro

but it doesnt work on most portable amp/dac and even desktop ones

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #11,366 of 14,755

dx80 takes my TRRS silver cable , without any problem

i also have 2 Hifiman TRRS>TRS convertors from previous trrs iems i had bought , so i can use my trrs cable everywhere as a trs mode

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #11,367 of 14,755
Just a heads up: My TRRS Silver Dragon IEM Headphone Cable V1 by Moon Audio seems to have cost me the connector on my UERM. The stock cable had a protective sleeve that went around the connector to add strength. After about 20 usages I appear to have snapped the whole connector off of my left CIEM. 
Maybe I was a little rough, using the cable to remove the CIEM, but I'm sure they wouldn't have broken if I'd left the stock cable on.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #11,368 of 14,755
Hello,

I ended up purchasing EU zx2 from HEAD-FI sale and trade section without knowing about the volume cap..and I cannot cancel it. I wonder if EU ZX2 is capable of driving my Grado PS500 and Fostex THX00. Also, is there any app to increase zx2 max volume?

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #11,369 of 14,755
Hello,

I ended up purchasing EU zx2 from HEAD-FI sale and trade section without knowing about the volume cap..and I cannot cancel it. I wonder if EU ZX2 is capable of driving my Grado PS500 and Fostex THX00. Also, is there any app to increase zx2 max volume?

sell it , and wait for a japan one to show up

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #11,370 of 14,755
Hello,

It might do OK with those 2 phones. My EU unit does fine with Ultrasone Signature Pro and could make even HE-500 enjoyable enough though not ideal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back