SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 21, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #10,261 of 14,755
 The cable is still burning in after buying yesterday,the bass was too intense at first 2 hours i had to keep clear bass at neutral.After 15 hours back to +2 since it's much tighter.Another 120 hours to go.

so the electrons are moving at 2200 km per second, but you need another 432000 seconds until the sound will change?  When you really break down this stuff you post without putting anything behind it, it really does sound silly doesn't it?  How exactly do you know you need 120 hours?  What happens when you have 500 hours?  Should I not buy a used Sony NW-ZX2 that has been listenend to for more than 1200 hours?

silver is 5% more conductive than copper, but no matter how long the cable is and now matter what other materials are in the circuit board or components, it automatically sounds better.

This is the equivalent of me saying I jumped from a plane yesterday without a parachute and lived, because I had special springs that defy physics.  Don't question me with science, I did it.

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #10,262 of 14,755
so the electrons are moving at 2200 km per second, but you need another 432000 seconds until the sound will change?  When you really break down this stuff you post without putting anything behind it, it really does sound silly doesn't it?  How exactly do you know you need 120 hours?  What happens when you have 500 hours?  Should I not buy a used Sony NW-ZX2 that has been listenend to for more than 1200 hours?

silver is 5% more conductive than copper, but no matter how long the cable is and now matter what other materials are in the circuit board or components, it automatically sounds better.

This is the equivalent of me saying I jumped from a plane yesterday without a parachute and lived, because I had special springs that defy physics.  Don't question me with science, I did it.

science or not, 5% more conductive is a better and superior conductor compare to copper. Try flowing water over time and see. Now 1000 liters of water flowing through A pipe over an hour with the same pressure. Now over 10 hours it would be 10,000 liters. Now restrict the A pipe for 5%, you would get 950 liters, for the course of over 10 hours would be 500 liters loss.

Now, do you know how many cycles of analog signals, and how many layers of it being within the soundtrack that you are hearing and listening to ? 16 bits 44.1 khz and that is 44,100 cycle per seconds, and how many layers ? 5% of that 44,100 would equal to 88.2 Hz per second of improvements, now multiply that over the bits and layers of the composed track.

You think 5% doesn't make the differences ? May be 5% of 10 will not, but 5% of 5 billions will...

On top of that, the cables he is talking about was solid core and not multi-stranded cores.

But hey, let's stop here, you want science, you can dig the science section of the forum. We all hear the improvements and changes, no body forces you to believe it or try it. If you are happy, then you are.

Burn-in was only observed by the experiences and time period of different people who had experienced the cables and it sound quality changes over the time. The time of 100-150 hours was an estimate. Now if you don't believe in cables burn-in, I am ok with that...but I disagree about silver being a conductive material which doesn't make the differences.

Also, don't give me that crap of "does the studio use silver cables?" They don't have to, because they "produce music". We are only "reproducing" the music. If you want to hear what the Studio produced, you virtually have to Reproduce it at 0 deficiency .....aka 5% deficiency sucks.

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #10,263 of 14,755
if 5% conductivity matters that much in audio sound, then what do the tin, lead and carbon sound like in the capacitors and resistors.  Also, what about the nickel plated stainless steel connector, what does that sound like?

Since we are sharing our experiences with audio and cables....

I have made interconnects out of paper clips and there was zero difference in the audio.  2 feet of copper vs. silver does not make a difference in the grand scheme of things where there is so much more in the audio chain.

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #10,264 of 14,755
if 5% conductivity matters that much in audio sound, then what do the tin, lead and carbon sound like in the capacitors and resistors.  Also, what about the nickel plated stainless steel connector, what does that sound like?

I have made interconnects out of paper clips and there was zero difference in the audio.  2 feet of copper vs. silver does not make a difference in the grand scheme of things where there is so much more in the audio chain.

Don't matter, you are trying to mis-lead the debate into other matters which exactly what my children does. The conclusion is that deficiency is deficiency.

Take that above water pipe and it volumes for example...it doesn't matter what system came before it. The result was that you had 5% deficiency ...over the thousands cycles of it...you ended up with less water...much less.

Realistic enough ? In reproduction of audio world, we all want to hear the source...so 5% deficiency Suck, period.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #10,267 of 14,755

Neurotic-Fi should really be the name of this website given how much ppl obsess about trivial things here. 3rd party apps, burn in,cables, connectors.....lmao.... OCD Central

+1

I just bought my XBA-A3 upgrade cable as a replacement (for when the stock cable breaks
biggrin.gif
) and yes i could perceive a difference but not night and day

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #10,268 of 14,755
Just to be perfectly clear,the differences i am talking about,detail,transparency are coming from the trrs plug and to a much lesser extend from the material of cable which does change sound.Silver is more analytical and focuses on treble detail,copper is warmer,more musical and bassier.Anyone who has cables with  different material can hear the differences,it's not a mystic thing.Which one is better is under debate and a preference thing.

As far as cable burn in i was just posting my impression about how much bassier the low end was when i first plug the trrs cable yesterday that i had to turn clear bass to neutral since i usually have it on 1-2 with the copper cable which  is bassier(the reason i was taken aback).After letting it play for some time ,i felt that it was much tighter with certain song that is my go to for checking bass for the last 3 years and that is what i reported.In no way shape or form am i suggesting that i will hear differences in detail,soundstage or other aspects of sound after listening to a 100 or so  hours due to the conductors of cable settling in.I am not qualified to do that and i am always sceptic when it comes to buying expensive cables.The 150 hours was an estimate by the seller of the cable. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181983121347

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #10,270 of 14,755
It is official guys...I am too emotionally connected to Zx2, that I ended up selling DP-x1.

The reason is that ZX2 express the he music better (the harmony of each tonality, impacts, instrument chores, bridges, vocals). The blend of everything composed. I would call that the Harmonic level.

The DP-x1 offered excellent clarity, detail, soundstage, and separation, but this Harmonic level was too thin and being a part, just that all the dots don't connect too well in Harmony as the Zx2 does.

I want to be able to hear the expressions of the music, and to me that is what music is for. I don't want to hear just sounds in a huge stage but too separated and simply picking on each notes, chores, tones....I want to hear them connected together , not being a part.

So while Zx2 has it cons as a little more noisy, narrower soundstage and weaker trebles energies, it does breathing in my ears the emotions, the harmonic level, and connection of my music and the reason why such lyrics, songs, singers were mastered, mixed, composed into what I am hearing.

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #10,271 of 14,755
It is official guys...I am too emotionally connected to Zx2, that I ended up selling DP-x1.

The reason is that ZX2 express the he music better (the harmony of each tonality, impacts, instrument chores, bridges, vocals). The blend of everything composed. I would call that the Harmonic level.

The DP-x1 offered excellent clarity, detail, soundstage, and separation, but this Harmonic level was too thin and being a part, just that all the dots don't connect too well in Harmony as the Zx2 does.

I want to be able to hear the expressions of the music, and to me that is what music is for. I don't want to hear just sounds in a huge stage but too separated and simply picking on each notes, chores, tones....I want to hear them connected together , not being a part.

So while Zx2 has it cons as a little more noisy, narrower soundstage and weaker trebles energies, it does breathing in my ears the emotions, the harmonic level, and connection of my music and the reason why such lyrics, songs, singers were mastered, mixed, composed into what I am hearing.

welcome back to the zx2 force , young Anakin 
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #10,273 of 14,755
Implemented a 'work around' for using the 'shuffle function' with Poweramp Alpha (shuffle function plays non music tracks from other apps); Created a playlist whereby I added all 'music' folders (some 1800 tracks, adding one album at a time), then shuffled from this list.

A bit cumbersome, and for some reason, this messes with the album art, whereby the album art displayed doesn't correspond with the track being played.

Now this is entirely an unnecessary problem, as there is no issue with the 'stock player' playing files outside of music folders when using it's shuffle function, and I'm generally content with it.

However, the Poweramp Alpha player is 'fun' to play around with, and I enjoy having the album art displayed. Perhaps being an 'unfinished' version, this and other issues will be resolved over time...

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #10,274 of 14,755

You're torturing me 
basshead.gif

Over the past few days I've added both players to online shopping baskets and just halted at the "complete purchase" stage. 

I was just about to come down on the side of the DP-X1 ... and preparing to implement your headphone socket stabilisation modification  
cool.gif

Now you have me thinking again 
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #10,275 of 14,755
You're torturing me :basshead:

Over the past few days I've added both players to online shopping baskets and just halted at the "complete purchase" stage. 

I was just about to come down on the side of the DP-X1 ... and preparing to implement your headphone socket stabilisation modification  :cool:

Now you have me thinking again :confused_face(1):

It is fairly simple, these 2 are distinctively different but yet if you can answer the questions

Do you want to hear the emotions and expressions of your music ? Or do you want details and clarity that you can pick a part ?

The answer would point you to Zx2 or DP-X1 accordingly. That is sound quality wise, power wise, Onkyo has the obvious upper hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back