1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958
960 961 962 963 964 965 966
Next

Last
  1. Silvano
    Hi guys,
    a long time ZX2 owner here, it still performs very very well paired with my Sennheiser ie800 and the battery last almost as new even if I'm used to leave it all the time on, never switched off apart those few times when I forget to charge it.
    Now I need some help from you, since when it has been disclosed here I applied to my zx2 the trick to enhance the max volume, simply disabling the Audio Settings app but now after I had to restart the player because of the empty battery, (I know it's normal that such trick gone after every restart) I'm attempting to get it back but for the moment it doesn't work anymore, I remember at time it was tricky get it working but can't remember waht exactly I did to get it, apart to disable the Audio Settings app.
    Any suggestions to success in this issue?

Thanks in advance....

2. lukedss
    Is this what your looking for?

. Disable Sound Adjustments:

The easiest tweak and one that's highly recommended to improve sound quality is to disable Sound Adjustments. Here are the steps:

1. Go into the Sound Adjustments app and make sure nothing is modified. No EQ, no ClearAudio+, no Surround, etc... make sure nothing is on.
    2. Go into Settings > Apps > All, and look for Sound Adjustments (it should be near the bottom since the list is sorted alphabetically by default)
    3. Click on it, choose "Force Stop", "Clear data" (if selectable) and then "Disable."
    4. Profit!
    -----------------------------
    5. The following are extra steps in case you had to restart the device (maybe due to running out of battery?).
    6. Wait for the device to boot up then go into Settings > Apps > All again and scroll all the way to the bottom. Sound Adjustments should be there. Select it.
    7. Now "Enable" Sound Adjustments again and reboot.
    8. Once the device has finished booting up again, go back to step 1 to disable it again.

The extra steps are just to make sure the process is properly disabled. I have experienced and read reports of its effects coming back on after a restart even when it's disabled, so that's that. It seems Sony really loves their software adjustments and they do not want these adjustments to go away

3. Silvano
    Yeah!
    you got it, tried and works! Immensely appreciated. Now I've back full potentiality of my loved ZX2.

Many thanks lukedds

4. Isloo
    Thanks for this. There is a real difference in the sound. I think disabling the sound adjustments makes more of a difference sound wise than using a trrs cable.

5. lukedss
    Just as I ordered a TRRS cable!

6. Whitigir
    So this player existed since 5 years ago. Has anyone needed a battery replacement yet ? I wonder. I know for a fact that the one I gave to my uncle now is still in a good shape and I bought it as soon as it came out

kms108 likes this.
  7. Isloo
    Lucky Uncle! Someone posted earlier that they had replaced their battery, but not because the battery needed replacing, but rather to avoid not being able to get hold of a battery from Sony when they actually needed to replace theirs.

I think it is a testament to how well built and designed this player is that people are still using it regularly, even if it can be a bit slow at times. However, considering what I read about the performance of much newer andriod daps, it is still doing remarkably well.

kms108 and Whitigir like this.
  8. kms108
    I replaced the battery, not that it needs replacing, I did it in Japan when I replaced the LCD when the glue separated from the main glass and LCD.
    I also got many spare parts for it, including spare memory card cover, copper headphone ring, the back leather cover and others, the battery cannot be purchased individual, you have to get Sony to replaced them for you, the other spare parts and be purchased without the in-house repair.

Whitigir likes this.
  9. kms108
    I have a OEM cable for the Sony EX1000 with TRRS.

10. lukedss
    On the subject of battery life. I have gone through 50% with mostly offline listening. About 5 days and 5 hours of use I would guess. Wondering if there are some optimal settings on the phone I should know about. Brightness is about 50%. I have gone through the Apps and have Disabled any Apps I don't use in Settings/Apps

11. TooFrank
    That sounds on the low end. Should last longer. But try to turn down brightness to the lowest. The screen uses a lot of juice, so if you’re actively looking at the screen e.g searching for music, you spend battery life. Otherwise as you say delete all things you don’t and make sure nothing is running in the background. Lastly, the battery life also depend on the quality of music files you play. Higher resolution takes more power.
    Enjoy the music - cheers

12. kms108
    Brightness at 50-55, I only installed needed app's, everything not needed has been disabled where possible, 64GB memory card (larger ones used more power), no equalizer in use as I like to have the music as intended with nothing added or taken away. And finally nothing online is used, although I do have internet access.

13. gazzington
    Do these have a line out to an amp?

14. kms108
    headphones socket.

15. gazzington
    If I can get one cheap, do they sound better than the zx300 and how does it compete with wm1a?

First

Back
949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958
960 961 962 963 964 965 966
Next

Last