1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953
955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964
Next

Last
  1. G_T_J
    Hello,

Sorry for reviving an old issue.
    I am a new obtainer of a ZX2. I got it used and looks like new - definitely a well-preserved and looked after unit.
    The headphone socket, however, seems to be a bit wobbly with any iems or headphones I have tried it with. No drop-outs or noise whatsoever but am a bit worried about it as It was not a cheap purchase after all(even if I got it used).

I read that quite a few users have had the same issue.
    I would be interested to see if there is any update from those users as well as what's the general consensus over this?

Thanks

2. kms108
    it's normal.

G_T_J likes this.
  3. cfc7
    Nothing to worry about, that's not an issue.

G_T_J likes this.
  4. G_T_J
    That's great to hear. Thank you so much for your insight!

5. G_T_J
    Thank you.

That's a relief guys!

kms108 likes this.
  6. kms108
    If you can find a internal diagram, you know why, just a heads up, the headphone socket is not soldered to the mainboard, it's held in place from the units frame, this puts less stress on the main board and less wear and tear from pulling the headphones in and out of the socket.

G_T_J likes this.
  7. G_T_J
    Oh, I see. That's why the plastic barrel of the socket seems to be moving around the gold-metal structure which surrounds it.
    So it's basically the plastic body of the socket moving in the metal chassis than anything else.

Very well-thought I have to say. Impressed!

8. josephtym
    Zx2 is the best walkman I have ever used, my only hope is for its successor to come out with the latest android OS

9. kms108
    It's not going to happen, if you want android OS, get a Xperia.

10. G_T_J
    Does anyone know which archived version of UAPP I should download to be compatible with the ZX2? Where can I source it?

11. josephtym
    Well, the thing is the mobile division not doing so well. My service provider isn't Carrying Sony phones anymore and I had to opt for the hua wei mate 20 pro...
    Besides xperia phone built for audio can't compare to zx2.

12. G_T_J
    I also have to attest that in terms of pure SQ, this thing is second to none! Nothing I have used comes close to it. Not even remotely....
    I recently sold my Hiby R6.

13. kms108
    I agree, Xperia phones don't come close in terms of SQ, Sony has ditched the android OS, and used their in house Sony OS, with android OS and full customization, either Xperia or some thing like the Onkyo.

14. Stealer
    Yes, it is normal. So u dont have to worry..

G_T_J likes this.
  15. G_T_J
    Thanks guys.
    Glad to hear this from all of you

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
First

Back
944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953
955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964
Next

Last