SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 3, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #14,296 of 14,755
weak as in the headphone jack is kind of loose and doesn't snap on tightly..as compared to some other brand DAP
yes.. I have the same issue..
So i am not the only one..

was about to send it in to Sony to have it replace before warranty ended early next year..
question is does everyone have the same issue or the jack get loose over time?

Hello,

Sorry for reviving an old issue.
I am a new obtainer of a ZX2. I got it used and looks like new - definitely a well-preserved and looked after unit.
The headphone socket, however, seems to be a bit wobbly with any iems or headphones I have tried it with. No drop-outs or noise whatsoever but am a bit worried about it as It was not a cheap purchase after all(even if I got it used).

I read that quite a few users have had the same issue.
I would be interested to see if there is any update from those users as well as what's the general consensus over this?

Thanks

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #14,297 of 14,755
it's normal.

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #14,301 of 14,755
If you can find a internal diagram, you know why, just a heads up, the headphone socket is not soldered to the mainboard, it's held in place from the units frame, this puts less stress on the main board and less wear and tear from pulling the headphones in and out of the socket.

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #14,302 of 14,755
If you can find a internal diagram, you know why, just a heads up, the headphone socket is not soldered to the mainboard, it's held in place from the units frame, this puts less stress on the main board and less wear and tear from pulling the headphones in and out of the socket.
Oh, I see. That's why the plastic barrel of the socket seems to be moving around the gold-metal structure which surrounds it.
So it's basically the plastic body of the socket moving in the metal chassis than anything else.

Very well-thought I have to say. Impressed!

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #14,304 of 14,755
Zx2 is the best walkman I have ever used, my only hope is for its successor to come out with the latest android OS
It's not going to happen, if you want android OS, get a Xperia.

Nov 3, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #14,308 of 14,755
Well, the thing is the mobile division not doing so well. My service provider isn't Carrying Sony phones anymore and I had to opt for the hua wei mate 20 pro...
Besides xperia phone built for audio can't compare to zx2.
I agree, Xperia phones don't come close in terms of SQ, Sony has ditched the android OS, and used their in house Sony OS, with android OS and full customization, either Xperia or some thing like the Onkyo.

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #14,309 of 14,755
Hello,

Sorry for reviving an old issue.
I am a new obtainer of a ZX2. I got it used and looks like new - definitely a well-preserved and looked after unit.
The headphone socket, however, seems to be a bit wobbly with any iems or headphones I have tried it with. No drop-outs or noise whatsoever but am a bit worried about it as It was not a cheap purchase after all(even if I got it used).

I read that quite a few users have had the same issue.
I would be interested to see if there is any update from those users as well as what's the general consensus over this?

Thanks
Yes, it is normal. So u dont have to worry..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back