1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668
670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir

Why do you need such ? If you do, there are 3rd party custom cables available

2. Sam Edwards
    I have the Sure KSE1500, an in-ear electrostatic that can only be used with the supplied amp. It seems to sound better through USB inputs than line in, but I'll confirm with a line out dock cable that's arriving this week.
    I know that several of you will think it's a waste of the quality of the ZX2 to use it in USB mode, but I'm hoping to not carry a different DAP for each pair of headphones. 

3. Whitigir

Well, I tried the Zx2 USB into Mojo...and it was lacking behind compare to my Note 4 to Mojo....lol. Then I figured it was because of android 4.2 restricting the high-res data on the OTG....the Sony stock player was able to bypass it....but it didn't sound any better than Note 4 to Mojo...just something to keep in mind, and the reason why I am now interested toward DP-x1 even more. I don't need data transport though....just one additional reason hehe. Try your kse1500 with your smartphone OtG or dpx1 and you will hear the differences that I do

4. rookie2009

I'm very much looking forward to your thoughts on the x1 V zx2...I was very close to preordering an Onkyo unit couple of months but dived in on the zx2 instead..

5. Whitigir

Thank you ! I will do my best, but it won't be here for another couple weeks I guess.... I will just make my cables first thing then :D

6. rookie2009

zx2 is a great dap but if the lazy buggers over at Sony would provide us a new version of android (which is unlikely), it would give the zx2 a new lease of life!

7. echineko
    I have to admit, after using the ZX2 for a while now, I'm running out of feasible reasons why this hasn't happened already. I really wish someone could get Sony to respond to this on record

8. rookie2009

I use nexus devices so I'm used to getting android updates :p I wonder did the zx1 ever see any firmware updates at all?

9. Whitigir
    I can not fathom the idea of how "premium pricing" the Zx2 is, and how "giant" Sony Corp is....both of them resulted in 0 "firmware update" after a whole new year of release ? This is a joke ? With the progression of OS nowadays and this interval is ridiculous

10. Whitigir
    This noisy back ground is less present in the Onkyo HF player vs Jet audio...however the trebles is a bit toned down compare to jet audio and it effects. This is strange :xf_eek:

11. echineko
    To be fair, I have owned multiple android phones (with the current 6p), and also have an iPad and 6s+. These communications devices more frequently require updates to keep up with their rivals and address security issues. As a DAP, there's much less need for regular updates, and indeed most Android updates wouldn't even apply to the ZX2. But after a while, you would hope they at least update the firmware, and Android OS so it can continue to support updated versions of music-related apps. Many of the players frequently discussed here might not even be an option with future updates

12. Daxterous
    android_distribution_rate_2015_0.png
    We have the second most popular operating system [​IMG]

Utterly terrible Sony not to update :frowning2:
    Maybe they think they got it perfect first time, but they should give a firmware update on principle.
    Maybe they are saying hmmm if there is no update we will all buy a ZX3 (and we will).

I think the Jet Player works ok except in Folder mode. 
    No good for me because Folder View is what I use,

13. Whitigir
    You can just stick to Onkyo HF player. It is quiet good :D. I probably will buy Zx3...depends.....but with the way how things go for Sony ? And it update intervals ? Lol.....

14. Whitigir
    Hmmm...guys with hiss from their Zx2 and or hearing noises on the back-ground....did anyone try this ? The microsd for premium sound.

SR-64HXA

Is it snake-oil ? Lol

15. nc8000 Contributor

No idea. The noise I have is related to the screen being on and is only really audible when no music is playing. There is less noise with trrs than with trs.

First

Back
659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668
670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679
Next

Last