1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659
661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    Mojo VS Zx2 detailed review, impressions can be found here

Thanks for looking

http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo/reviews/14960

proedros likes this.
  2. JeremyLaurenson

I had various similar setups with the Vamp Verza, CEntrance hifi m8 etc... I can tell you from years of rubber bands and interconnect cables, this is all all ridiculous if you're looking for portable...

3. JeremyLaurenson

Buy a desktop rig

4. Whitigir

Would be nice, but I prefer "portability". I don't have time to even enjoy movies at home and my large stereo system...let alone a desktop rig lol....

5. sue4
    After reading all of discussions about Onkyo HF Player plays hi-res on ZX2, I am still not convinced that the analog sounds produced were direct converts from those hi res info.. My suspicion is that the player has capability to downsample (just like Neutron) the hi res info to be played on ZX2. Need more objective proofs on this matter..

6. hongky
    Is it save to use headphone with mic on ZX2 ?
    Do we still get stereo sound ?

Thanks

7. Whitigir

That is just fine, and you will get stereo

8. Chefano

Where did you find that ZX2 does not play DSD natively? 

9. Whitigir
    Sony engineer confirmed it, it convert to PCM

10. Chefano

Thats new to me. Because I really prefer DSD playback on ZX2 over Mojo.
    Edit: Pretty darn good conversion BTW LOL

11. Whitigir

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0315/Interview_Yoshioka_Sony_NW_ZX2.htm

Well, all the technical stuff is all about technical, if you know what I mean. Zx2 certainly has better audio quality compares to Mojo from my point of view under circumstances . However Mojo is still a super value

12. Chefano

Thank you very much for sharing.
    Mojo is indeed a revolutionary product, but I don't know .. I think the treble roll of really bothers me on treble resolving headphones like K3003. On the other hand the SE846 sounds really good on Mojo.

13. audioxxx

DSD sounds the best I have heard it on the ZX2, there is the possibility that the conversion makes no audible difference. But Sony know how to do the conversions right, and as a result it sounds very, very good.

14. echineko
    Agreed. If the Mojo had been out when I got the ZX2, might have reconsidered (since I only acquired my lossless and hi-res collection after getting the ZX2). Would have been quite a savings by now :p

15. gerelmx1986
    I've been Lossless and Hi-res since 2012, when i got my first iPod ever (the classic)

First

Back
650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659
661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670
Next

Last