1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658
660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669
Next

Last
  1. 329161
    It's pretty much the best if you want to stream digital from android. True gapless playback too....playlists, etc. Works with my Galaxy S3 into every portable DAC/amp I own.
    Edit- not sure if it can do dsd though..... I forgot that's what you guys play.

2. fiascogarcia

Yep, all Onkyo hi-res also works on Chord compatible Apple products.

3. Whitigir

I can try it on the phone, my note 4, but please allow me to skip it :D...Onkyo HF player testing and critical listening sessions feeding into MoJo, A/B with Zx2 and all these OS limitations, nuances differences in sound is driving me crazy lol....I am honestly stressed out at the moment.

Whenever I am stressed out, I would therapy with my music, and my ears, brain is picking this up for that therapy session

image.jpg

4. 329161
    Once you start overanalysing audio, and expecting to hear differences, you will hear differences that just aren't there in reality. It's called expectation bias.

5. Conext

Well you know, maybe—maybe—this means that since Sony isn't planning on a ZX2 successor this year, they're going to focus their efforts on getting a new software build based on KitKat for the ZX2? Granted, it's a long shot, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities.

6. Whitigir

Trust me, I don't bias, and don't bs. This is my hobby, the hobby that stick with me from childhood, and is getting more serious as I am more stable in financial and family situation. I am whole heartedly looking and wanting better quality than Zx2, hence I expressed interests into the Mojo as a new technology device, I prayed, and wished....anyways, it is still upon preferences. But why would I keep picking up Zx2 ? I will post my review soon. In the mean time, you can look into my other post.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/9750#post_12209904

7. gerelmx1986
    Your tablet has a Jumbotron HI-RES audio sticker [​IMG]

8. Whitigir
    Yeah, I made it an cover-art for all of my high-res 24/96 files :D

9. proedros

your great analysis had me 90% at NOT getting the mojo...

but then i saw these pics of your stack and i went to 150% NOT GETTING MOJO

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8070#post_12209634

this is one UGLY stack

JeremyLaurenson likes this.
  10. Whitigir
    Lol, it actually is not that bad. My problems were because of : long cables, interconnect cables, and as a review unit I can't glue anything onto the back. You can certainly have a neat stack. it just requires some taping and modifying

11. vilhelm44
    I was very happy with my ZX2 but something kept telling me to go for the QP1R. I did end up buying one and so glad I listened to that voice as it takes the sound quality to another level. Sure, it hasn't got the battery life of the ZX2 or the smoother UI but on sound alone? It will take you to heaven and back everytime you press play. I seriously have trouble putting it down! It's an amazing all in one unit, stacking is a thing of the past with that beauty.

12. Whitigir

Did you try using TRRS cables on your Zx2 ? And disable the sound adjustment app ?

13. vilhelm44

I did, yes and the QP1R is still way ahead. I was and still am truly gobsmacked at how good it is. I've never heard anything this good before. Demo one if you get the chance.

14. Stealer
    Whitigir,
    there was a mention of battery life been sucked by mojo..
    Can you elaborate on this? How fast are we talking about?

15. Whitigir

Lol, I see, and this is a good review :wink:. Good enough for me to conclude something

http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings

First

Back
649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658
660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669
Next

Last