SONY NW-ZX2
Dec 19, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #9,541 of 14,755
It's never the headphone itself that is balanced, it's always the cabling that does it, any phone can be cabled balanced as long as there are 2 seperate wires going to each driver and the wires are correctly connected to a balanced source (ZX2 isn't strictly speaking balanced but has seperate ground for each side).

Oh well, there's not two separate wires, for the MDR-1RNC phones, of course.....but I have to say, I think the cable has improved the sound even further. ( I don't think I'm imagining it. )
One thing's for sure, the ZX2 is AMAZING !!! 

The cable has definitely improved the sound further.....listening to the ZX2, is more orgasmic, than having SEX !!
bigsmile_face.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #9,542 of 14,755
You must have bad experience with sex then !

If you think the ZX2 is orgasmic then you'd be in extasy if you try a Chord Mojo :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #9,545 of 14,755
  How would you describe the signature of the Solar?  Thanks!

Noble K10 is my 'night' or 'quiet time' earphones. There is an easy charm, smooth and oh so musical suited for listening at night and when you need some down time. My 'day' time earphones need to be more aggressive, dramatic and over the top with an omph which K10 does not have. I need to start the day with an omph - ready to fight the war (getting up the crowded train) and staring down my audit victims (sorry sweetie, THAT finding has to go into the Audit report as a non-compliance). The easy and almost lazy charm of K10 cannot meet this need. But neverthesless, I am really, really happy with my K10 which I hope to spend a long of time with it during my 'down' time.

Just came across this thread (not even owning a ZX2, but I was seriously interested in it for some time, untill I picked up a used P1 some months ago)

About K10 and Solar: first of all, I personally love some of those Wizard designs! They don't come cheap, but imo the guy's an amazing artist. I have the Solar for some months now, but haven't heard the K10 myself (would still love to try it some day though) and I agree with nc8008 that at a certain price point it's probably mainly about preferences.

However, knowing 4 members atm that had (1) or have (3) the K10 & have the Solar. It seems all 4 of them prefer the sq and signature of the Solar. Describing it basically as a K10 (gorgeous mids) with better (sub)bass, treble (sparkle, without getting harsh or sibilant) and soundstage. Still waiting for the first member that has them both and prefers the K10
rolleyes.gif

Now back to the main program I guess, which is the ZX2 of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #9,546 of 14,755
As they say, practice makes perfect. Keep at it..

But I do find the ZX2 almost like a drug sometimes, if in the right setting and mood, it's a mind blowing experience to say the least.

Well I suffer from severe M.E. / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, & my sleep is being affected, ( besides other symptoms. ) because I'm finding it very difficult to remove my headphones. As you say, it is like a drug !

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #9,547 of 14,755
Dec 19, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #9,548 of 14,755
Well I suffer from severe M.E. / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, & my sleep is being affected, ( besides other symptoms. ) because I'm finding it very difficult to remove my headphones. As you say, it is like a drug !

I find I have the same problem, I have been getting up at 4am to put the music on and listen till the rest of the family wake up, this was happening a few days every fortnight.
However I'm finding it's taking it's toll on me. (I am getting fatigued early in the day).

I am changing my listening times to the evening, but then I can't get to sleep.
So you can't win, but now I am limiting my music time and detoxing of the music, as I find a fair balance to this hobby.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #9,551 of 14,755
Haha, I think you will love this gadget.

It's simply a musical beast.

I was 2 times very close at picking one up from eBay / HF sales forum. Both were not Japanese versions though, with the build in volume limit
redface.gif

And as I also like to listen with headphones sometimes, I let it pass me by and bought a P1 instead...

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #9,553 of 14,755
I was 2 times very close at picking one up from eBay / HF sales forum. Both were not Japanese versions though, with the build in volume limit :xf_eek:
And as I also like to listen with headphones sometimes, I let it pass me by and bought a P1 instead...

Maybe try and demo a burnt in one if you can it may be the sound your after, I would go with an international version or Japanese ZX2 and avoid the EU capped one.

Its a very bad idea to cap a low power DAP, I don't understand the concept, especially when no headphones or iem's are supplied, what has it been capped against?

And what if you use more sensitive iem's or headphones.
This may give a false hearing security as people etch the volume up to dangerous levels, thinking the cap will save their eardrums.

I have not used the p1, it looks very good.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #9,555 of 14,755
Is anyone experiencing their music cutting out for split second several times a minute with "clear audio" on? This happening when streaming and also if I downloaded Tidal to offline. I don't listen to clearaudio generally but I don't think this should be happening. I also get occasional hiccups with music just streaming with clearaudio off and screen sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back