SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 16, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #7,006 of 14,755
I've been using the ZX2 for quite a while, everything fine but the native media player only plays the album one by one. It cannot do the 'Play by Artist', 'Play by Genie', 'Play by Folder', 'Play all (music)', since while long press 'Artist' or 'Genie' or 'Folder' only allowing 'throw', 'create shortcuts' & 'add to playlists' to choose from, & lack of support of these features seems like even worse than the obsoleted iBasso DX100, or I'm stupid enough not knowing how to setup using the zx2 native media player. BTW, I don't use 'Playlist' function at all since it's quite time-consuming to create fulfilling my various needs for my daily use, especially reading 'create playlist' in ZX2 is quite clumsy so i'd rather ignore it.

So anyone have tried installed & used 'USB Audio Player Pro' in ZX2, I've read it supports 'folder play', but not sure it support 'play by artist and genie' or not, or any recommendation of other popular media player for android supporting the 'play by artist, genie, and folder, and/or music(all)' feature while supporting up to 32bit files/DSD native playback capability at the same time?

Welcome for any comments and/or recommendations & many thanks in advance.

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #7,007 of 14,755
Zx2 plays by albums and all songs, genres, years....etc...just fine. If you need to change any of those listed within your songs, you can always do so with a desktop ? I never tried playing by the artist....perhap by The above is good enough for me

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #7,008 of 14,755
The ZX2 is pretty great though. I got it to compare with a AK240 and my impression was the AK240 had a wider stage and smoother decay while the ZX2 had much better bass control. Theres also the part where the AK240 has a slightly more forward mids. Probably let it burn in and try again in the future.
The mids on the ZX2 can be heard as being a bit thin when compared to some of the heavy hitters... that can be said of the whole sound output overall, but - realistically we're talking about something that 99% of the world wouldn't pick up on, so - wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #7,009 of 14,755
So after hundreds of pages i bought mine tuesday and burn in process still continues. Its amazing to hear burn in clearly at a device. Im from Turkey and price was 840$ I think it was a good price right ?
smily_headphones1.gif

i think i reach 90 hours of burn in but sound is still changing
smily_headphones1.gif
how many hours more?

from where in turkey did u buy the zx2, as my freind will be in istanbul and i want him to buy it for me from there

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #7,012 of 14,755
  In istanbul maslak there is a shopping mall named istinye park. Find the sony shop in there. You can buy it for the same price from there.
Cheers.

thanks so much do u know if they also have the sony xba z5 iem, if you dont mind checking for me as i have diffculty navigating my way on the net for turkish website

on another note are there other high end stores in turkey that sell daps and iems, from astel and kern and jhaudio in istanbul

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #7,013 of 14,755
The mids on the ZX2 can be heard as being a bit thin when compared to some of the heavy hitters... that can be said of the whole sound output overall, but - realistically we're talking about something that 99% of the world wouldn't pick up on, so - wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Fortunately for the 99% and unfortunately for the 1% as they will have to keep buying into more expensive stuff ? Also the bass and low spectrums on ZX2 is amazing :D. Probably a trade off

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #7,014 of 14,755
There are no shops sadly that sells astell or jh or anything audiophile(portable) at all.

Also, sony does not import iems to turkey so you wont be able to find z5. Although you can find new z7 headphone

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #7,015 of 14,755
i just bought nw-zx2 + z7 combo to 1300usd approximatel, i think is a good deal. you may find AK daps from www.extreme-audio.com in Turkey, you might give them a call for pricing, but there will be nothing like a sony deal. For the fist time in history Sony Turkey gave us a good deal. Another note i find z7 is not a good match for zx2 at all ( maybe european sound cap ). i am using my share 535s and planing to get another easy to drive iem. k-10, shure 846 and z5 are in my short list. i have to wait for my birthday or something for k-10, still have to sell something for 846, z5s are best option financially, i know they are all good iems, still thingking which one is the best value. also this is my fist post :)

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #7,016 of 14,755
there is a 1300 usd deal of zx2+z7 ( which i bought )in Turkey. Sony Turkey gave us a great deal for the firs time in history.  i did not find z7 as a good match for zx2. maybe european cap is a factor. i am considering an easy to drive iem, i am using 535 but considering k-10,846 or z5. i have to read little more to find the better " value " one. this is my first post by the way :)

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #7,017 of 14,755
there is a 1300 usd deal of zx2+z7 ( which i bought )in Turkey. Sony Turkey gave us a great deal for the firs time in history.  i did not find z7 as a good match for zx2. maybe european cap is a factor. i am considering an easy to drive iem, i am using 535 but considering k-10,846 or z5. i have to read little more to find the better " value " one. this is my first post by the way :)

Really ? What is this Euro cap limited at ? Cause mine ZX2 as Japan version pair great with Z7. It get considerably loud at 80% and blowing ears at 100%. As far as the capability to drive Z7, the ZX2 is more than capable.

Aug 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #7,018 of 14,755

i don't know the limit but even at the max volume z7 is not high enough with zx2, i tried it with lyr+naim nd5 xs combo it sounded like a dream...... i am so sorry because i was hoping to use them with my zx2, i have have read all the positive comments, is there a way to remove the sound cap? all my volume controls are at the max level.

Aug 16, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #7,019 of 14,755

i don't know the limit but even at the max volume z7 is not high enough with zx2, i tried it with lyr+naim nd5 xs combo it sounded like a dream...... i am so sorry because i was hoping to use them with my zx2, i have have read all the positive comments, is there a way to remove the sound cap? all my volume controls are at the max level.

There is nothing to feel sorry about.  I do think there is a way to turn off volume caps.  It is probably being limited by an "APP" and I am not sure what the APP is called.  If you can find the name, you can disable it within the setting options.  I know my Japan version has an APP to Implement this Volume Cap.  I never bother turning it on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back