SONY NW-ZX100
Nov 26, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #1,816 of 3,849
Too bad. Running Tidal Hifi has become my new normal. I'd be happy with a iPhone with an sd card slot.

Or you could be more happy running Tidal HiFi with a ZX1 or ZX2. That's what I do. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #1,817 of 3,849
Or a 128GB S6.

With the latest updates the sound from Wolfson DAC has really improved. I now just use that with my SE846's when "out & about" and with my Chord Mojo indoors.

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,818 of 3,849

does the zx100 allow for tidal app?

Nope. It's running Walkman OS not android.

Don't know if there's a big risk of an artist let's say artist X getting mad about the royalties... what if artist x says Today i would no longer have my music on streaming... that means you loose his/her songs you had on your "collection"?

For some reason I love being old-school with "off-line", stand alone music library, yes i know a hard drive can crash hehe, that's why i backup

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,819 of 3,849
If you have not bought the NW ZX100 it has now gone up by a £105 so its £435 ...it was a bargain at the original price of £330 i am going to sell the noise cancelling headphones that come with it..

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #1,820 of 3,849
Hi goody
I ordered last week on amazon uk at the 330 gbp price!! Just noticed as you have that it is now 435 gbp. What has caused the price to jump so much??

Can't wait to get this player next week. I have a 128gb card to put in.  My music collection isn't huge - around 110gb in total. Which leads me to a question for all you experts out there!!

Is there any advantage or not to putting all my music on the card?  or on internal memory?  i'm wondering re battery life, response and search times? Or even music quality?   obviously .......eventually I will use both card and internal.... but initially..... given my 110gb of music.  is there any differences between internal memory and card storage?
Thanks all.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,821 of 3,849
  Hi goody
I ordered last week on amazon uk at the 330 gbp price!! Just noticed as you have that it is now 435 gbp. What has caused the price to jump so much??

Can't wait to get this player next week. I have a 128gb card to put in.  My music collection isn't huge - around 110gb in total. Which leads me to a question for all you experts out there!!

Is there any advantage or not to putting all my music on the card?  or on internal memory?  i'm wondering re battery life, response and search times? Or even music quality?   obviously .......eventually I will use both card and internal.... but initially..... given my 110gb of music.  is there any differences between internal memory and card storage?
Thanks all.

I am Playing out of my new 200GB microSD card and i don't note any sound quality issues at all from internal memory

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #1,822 of 3,849
  If you have not bought the NW ZX100 it has now gone up by a £105 so its £435 ...it was a bargain at the original price of £330 i am going to sell the noise cancelling headphones that come with it..

It was originally £500 and dropped to £330. It is now still cheaper than it originally was at £435. Well worth it though seeing as the ZX1 is £445 currently and the ZX100 is better in my opinion.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #1,823 of 3,849
  It was originally £500 and dropped to £330. It is now still cheaper than it originally was at £435. Well worth it though seeing as the ZX1 is £445 currently and the ZX100 is better in my opinion.

yeah i know i was talking about the price a few days ago...originally £330 and gone up to £435 if you get my drift ...but certainly well worth it

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #1,824 of 3,849
  Hi goody

Thanks all.

No difference in sound  ..we are both got lucky i dont think it will go that low again .. I think that price was a one off to get some sales to justify having it in stock so they sold a certain number that they required and bumped the price up again....Its all about sale numbers to amazon sometimes.... i could be wrong though...

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #1,825 of 3,849
  Don't know if there's a big risk of an artist let's say artist X getting mad about the royalties... what if artist x says Today i would no longer have my music on streaming... that means you loose his/her songs you had on your "collection"?

For some reason I love being old-school with "off-line", stand alone music library, yes i know a hard drive can crash hehe, that's why i backup

The only artists that can do this are super stars like Taylor Swift or Adele. For everyone else, they just eat it.

Nov 26, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,826 of 3,849
Found a quirck I use media Go to transfer my tunes to the SD and the walkman internal storage

I didnt realize i had transferred one song of a monteverdi opera "La incoronazione di Poppea" in the SD card to fill it to max (the entire album didnt fit) so i split it on the internal memory, hence the 69 songs on it I accidentally put the same song on the internal memory too

and guess?
it appears duplicated in library view, confimred by doing folder browsing

theres an option in media go advanced transfer secret menu that says Do not transfer songs already on the device and didn't seem to have an effect LOL

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #1,827 of 3,849

In an age where music is so widely pirated, artists barely make any money from lp sales anymore. Streaming services like Spotify and tidal provide their last source of capital.

Imo it would be counter-intuitive for an artist to drop out of streaming... essentially it's free money for them.

Back on topic now :)

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #1,829 of 3,849
  Does anyone have the headphones Sony MDR-1ABT ? The phones have 24 Ohm and just 98 dB instead 48 Ohm and 105 dB of my MDR-1A. The ABT is using LDAC and I hope the ZX100 has enough power to support this phone.... I think to buy this one, because I hate cables while using mobile....

Power to drive these BT phones doesn't really matter as the power will be supplied by the phones it self, the zx100 acts here as a "radio" transmitter (actually sendind radio singanls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back