SONY NW-ZX100
Jul 29, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #3,692 of 3,849
Sooo, the headphone jack on my ZX100 has become quite loose, causing my earphones to slightly lose connection if they’re jiggled even slightly. It’s really frustrating. Does anyone know how to alleviate this issue?

I’ve switched to Bluetooth for the time being, which is nice with my Momentum wireless, but let’s be honest, the selection of Bluetooth earphones is really bad right now, so I’d like to be able to run wired.
I've had this issue with another Walkman. I only use one type of in-ear headphones with it and I just bought new headphones which seemed to insert more tightly. 3,5 mm headphone jacks have some very very small margins between them. Some will fit more tightly, other more loose. The cheapest solution for your problem (as you use several headphones I gather) would be an extender/adapter/new cable that somehow fits more snug than your headphone cable. Ofcourse there is no way to tell if it'll fit better until after purchase. The other option-sending it to Sony for repair- would turn out very costly, knowing and having dealt with Sony after-warranty service.

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #3,693 of 3,849
Please try the fiio lod L5 with your nw-zx100 and see the real potential. nw-zx100--> arrow 3G(gain:2 evrthng else:0)-->ie80-->> real concert performance. Jaw dropping performance. I am used to hearing about the huge sound stage of ie80 but man now I can hear it.
Now the baterry on the 3G is down. Through the 3.5 jack of the zx100 that openess and the fluidity has gone.Raising the volume doesn't increase the sound stage any more instead it makes things a bit heavier, concentrated and harsher sounding. (L5 ordered from b&h)

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #3,694 of 3,849
Sooo, the headphone jack on my ZX100 has become quite loose, causing my earphones to slightly lose connection if they’re jiggled even slightly. It’s really frustrating. Does anyone know how to alleviate this issue?

I’ve switched to Bluetooth for the time being, which is nice with my Momentum wireless, but let’s be honest, the selection of Bluetooth earphones is really bad right now, so I’d like to be able to run wired.

if i was you get it repaired by sony, nw-zx100 uses thick oxygen free cables and high quality solder for 3.5mm, this is important as it makes the sound quality good

Aug 9, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #3,698 of 3,849
I received this DAP a few days ago and am mostly happy with it. It's refreshing not depending on my iPhone for music! Has anyone have problems with the DAP displaying lyrics? I added lyrics to my songs but it does not display them. As I understand, the player is supposed to display the lyrics automatically as long as lyrics is turned on in the settings menu.

Also, has anyone found a work-around on the problem with the player displaying multiple discs in the wrong order?

Thanks,
Jon

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #3,700 of 3,849
I received this DAP a few days ago and am mostly happy with it. It's refreshing not depending on my iPhone for music! Has anyone have problems with the DAP displaying lyrics? I added lyrics to my songs but it does not display them. As I understand, the player is supposed to display the lyrics automatically as long as lyrics is turned on in the settings menu.

Also, has anyone found a work-around on the problem with the player displaying multiple discs in the wrong order?

Thanks,
Jon

It's possible that you need to use Sony media go to add the lyrics, but I am not sure, but I did notice when I have the lyrics option, the power consumption was significantly higher usual probably due the screen on all the time

I presume you are using files from iPhone, what format are you using, mp3, aac, which you use for your iPhone

To get the correct order for disc play back (ie, disc 1, then 2, then 3) or more importantly, get the optimal sound ,I would burn all the CDs again using media go to n flac files and use it on your nw-zx100

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #3,701 of 3,849
It's possible that you need to use Sony media go to add the lyrics, but I am not sure, but I did notice when I have the lyrics option, the power consumption was significantly higher usual probably due the screen on all the time

I presume you are using files from iPhone, what format are you using, mp3, aac, which you use for your iPhone

To get the correct order for disc play back (ie, disc 1, then 2, then 3) or more importantly, get the optimal sound ,I would burn all the CDs again using media go to n flac files and use it on your nw-zx100

Thanks for the response!

I am using a Mac and there is not Mac version of Media Go. I am listening to aac and ALAC (CD and Higher Res). I add the lyrics in iTunes and then I export the files to the Walkman. The lyrics do not display on it.

I re-ripped all my CD's but the album order is still not right. It displays the following:
1. Song one from disc one
2. Song one from disc two
3. Song two from disc one
4. Song two from disc three
5. etc.....

Thanks,
Jonathan

Aug 17, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #3,703 of 3,849

I have recently experienced the same problem - I get static and/or fading. Have you found out what the cause is? I was hoping it could be lint or something that had gotten inside, but I rarely unplug my iems.

Aug 18, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #3,705 of 3,849
Did you clean the jack or HP plug?, moreover, it could be a loose connection point
Many thanks, seems to have fixed it - I was getting depressed it was a damaged jack requiring a pricey repair.
You helped me solve a battery issue a while back - even though you have moved on from the ZX100 you are still monitoring this thread like Batman looking for the bat-signal call for help :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back