SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 8, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #197 of 3,849
My unopened FiiO X5ii is on its way back to Amazon.  My Centrance M8 and various iPods are going on eBay this week.  Now I have to make due with my Rockboxed Sansa Zip until the ZX100 hits the market.

I have a slightly off topic question - It's been a while since I owned a Sony DAP and I cannot remember if the line-out from the WM-Port is separate from the amp section.  If I were to use a portable amplifier would it be worth it for me to invest in a nice LOD cable or just use a high-quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from the HP out?

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #198 of 3,849
  My unopened FiiO X5ii is on its way back to Amazon.  My Centrance M8 and various iPods are going on eBay this week.  Now I have to make due with my Rockboxed Sansa Zip until the ZX100 hits the market.

I have a slightly off topic question - It's been a while since I owned a Sony DAP and I cannot remember if the line-out from the WM-Port is separate from the amp section.  If I were to use a portable amplifier would it be worth it for me to invest in a nice LOD cable or just use a high-quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from the HP out?

I own currently a A17 and i have a Fiio L5 LOD, for me the line-outfrom my A17 spits a cleaner signal than the HP Out (i pair my A17 with a HA-2 from oppo)

I am doign the same as you buddy, a fiio x3, XBA-H3 and bose soundDock all off to auction in ebay and mexican ebay lookalikes and here
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #200 of 3,849

Thanks.  Is the line-out set to max volume or can you control it from the volume pots?

From walkman side volume is maxed out and cannot be changed from volume buttons, they are disabled, from the Oppo side i use the volume knob (pot)

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #202 of 3,849
  I google translated the page provided by @OwOOwO and apprently it will have also a dual clock like ZX2!!!!

Just to give you some perspective, many daps actually dual clocks, for example DX90 does, funnily ibasso never advertised the fact, ahh simpler times back then
biggrin.gif
. QA360 even has 3 clocks and costs $470 on mass drop when it's on. Don't let the clocks alone influence you, it is the overall circuit implementation that is key, only once that is perfected then can perfecting components be of use.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #203 of 3,849

Just to give you some perspective, many daps actually dual clocks, for example DX90 does, funnily ibasso never advertised the fact, ahh simpler times back then
biggrin.gif
. QA360 even has 3 clocks and costs $470 on mass drop when it's on. Don't let the clocks alone influence you, it is the overall circuit implementation that is key, only once that is perfected then can perfecting components be of use.

yes i know i shall not be influeced by the clock
biggrin.gif
 especially during exams or tight schedule LOL

I know what matters most is the implementation of the circuits. i factor my decision of buying afte ri've read a couple of reviews, so i will get my zx100 after ive read a couple of reviews here

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #204 of 3,849
I am dying to see the user manual (i do this of looking  the user guide even if i don't own the product)
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #205 of 3,849
h3 is more easier to drive than a3 & z5 without amp. also its not bass heavy as both amped.
I own currently a A17 and i have a Fiio L5 LOD, for me the line-outfrom my A17 spits a cleaner signal than the HP Out (i pair my A17 with a HA-2 from oppo)

I am doign the same as you buddy, a fiio x3, XBA-H3 and bose soundDock all off to auction in ebay and mexican ebay lookalikes and here :D

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #207 of 3,849
I cant wait to get this cause i'm guessing the next walkman release will be in the $1500-$2000 price range.

Agree with you and this has the classic Sony walkman OS, no time to waste here, as soon is released i will import one, and leta lone the new A20 steeped up in price

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #209 of 3,849
This ZX100 makes me    -________________-
Something about it just looks ugly to me... just my opinon.
Like a17 and ZX1 fuuuuuuuuc'd... and had this inbred looking player.

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #210 of 3,849
Hopefully when it comes out it looks better in person.
Like, if you're gonna go touchscreen, just go all the way.
Those buttons at the bottom are so extraneous it hurts to look at.
Put them on the side!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back