SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #45,707 of 45,723
Man! I was gone for work for two weeks with limited connectivity. Just got back on and it seems like our team is breaking up and our hangout has been destroyed. @MrWalkman - We all support you and I’ll be another that follows you and the crew out of here! Just gotta know our destination and I’ll be there! The show must go on!

Sep 27, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #45,708 of 45,723
We will miss everyone.

Sep 27, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #45,711 of 45,723
Which connector is fragile WM-Port or usb c ? I know that one can just go to saturn or media markt or others here in germany and for a few euros one gets a new usb c cable vs having to hunt for a new sony WM-port and paying perhaps 30+ euro for it.

I am concerned as this cable is my only WM-port I have . I had another but it failed after 4 years, started disconnecting from the pc with the slightest wiggle. I tried prying the usb A connector to tighten it up as I thought that was loose, it isn't help at all.

Sep 27, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #45,712 of 45,723
Which connector is fragile WM-Port or usb c ? I know that one can just go to saturn or media markt or others here in germany and for a few euros one gets a new usb c cable vs having to hunt for a new sony WM-port and paying perhaps 30+ euro for it.

I am concerned as this cable is my only WM-port I have . I had another but it failed after 4 years, started disconnecting from the pc with the slightest wiggle. I tried prying the usb A connector to tighten it up as I thought that was loose, it isn't help at all.
You can find them cheap from third-party manufacturers, I got a bunch from a local store for like 5 euros each. They all work fine and transfer files as fast as the original. I'm sure that if you google wm cable or search on Amazon, you'll find a bunch of options available in Germany

Sep 27, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #45,713 of 45,723
You can find them cheap from third-party manufacturers, I got a bunch from a local store for like 5 euros each. They all work fine and transfer files as fast as the original. I'm sure that if you google wm cable or search on Amazon, you'll find a bunch of options available in Germany
Thanks, I asked this because if these walkmans will be the last with WM-port (as seen since DMP-Z1) as I have no intentions to sell my wm1A, it will be a keeper and I will ship it to @Nayparm for full mod

Sep 27, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #45,714 of 45,723
Thanks, I asked this because if these walkmans will be the last with WM-port (as seen since DMP-Z1) as I have no intentions to sell my wm1A, it will be a keeper and I will ship it to @Nayparm for full mod
Go for it. Sony is still manufacturing wm1a/1z and a55, so the wn-port cables won't just disappear from the market. If you're worried, just buy 3-4 cables for backup. You'll spend less than 20 euros and you'll be set for the lifespan of the DAP.

Sep 27, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #45,716 of 45,723
Good to know these are still in production, must be a sign they're selling well and are highly regarded. And I guess the modder's and programmer's here have helped renew interest in discovering what these players are capable of.
Of course, Sony hasn't released new flagships and they still advertise them at any audio convection they attend. Both 1a and 1z and super popular and if you visit an audio show, chance is they will be a whole bunch of visitors carrying a "black brick" or a "gold brick" as they tend to be referred to.

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #45,718 of 45,723
Guys -- I've had to remove some posts here just now because as I've stated before, we're not going to debate moderation here.

We ARE still looking into things. It does take us time, and we are investigating a number of things, and there's still a lot to look at.

Let's get the thread back to discussing the NW-WM1Z, please.

Sep 27, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #45,720 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back