SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #40,726 of 45,723
@MrWalkman i have a stock wm1a as well plus no job atm so i have all the time in the world to test this new sorcery

so if you want more test people....pm me :xf_cool:

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #40,727 of 45,723
I cannot disagree... took me by surprise first thing this morning... I’m in the same test group as yourself and I have questioned if this is a separate tuning, and have been told it is pure stock...

exciting times!

Stock is exactly what I'd be really interested in...

Q-6

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #40,729 of 45,723
Guess there’s more than a few of us interested in this, hopefully it all goes smoothly and we’ll get to experience it soon.

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #40,730 of 45,723
Hats off to Whoever has worked this magic!

Well, hats off to me then :L3000:

I am trying to share good things, but I don't want this thing to be patched or something, though I am thinking it's less probably - still, I would prefer not risking it.

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #40,731 of 45,723
This is intended to get the 1Z sound on your 1A. So if you own a WM1Z already, this is a bit pointless basically - unless you want to try the 1A sound on the 1Z.

This is not a tuning mod. A tuning mod brings small differences to the sound compared with this new mod that involves an actual modification of the firmware.

Somewhere in the future this may come as a simple UPG, and this is when I plan sharing it to everyone. Sorry for now.

Would also like to try if/when it becomes available please! Originally wanted to get the 1Z for that more organic, warmer sound but couldn't bare to shell out that extra 2k for it lol.

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #40,732 of 45,723
This is intended to get the 1Z sound on your 1A. So if you own a WM1Z already, this is a bit pointless basically - unless you want to try the 1A sound on the 1Z.

This is not a tuning mod. A tuning mod brings small differences to the sound compared with this new mod that involves an actual modification of the firmware.

Somewhere in the future this may come as a simple UPG, and this is when I plan sharing it to everyone. Sorry for now.

Nothing wrong with solid testing and the simpler the better :thumbsup:as they say patience is a virtue :ksc75smile:

Q-6

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #40,733 of 45,723
Well, hats off to me then :L3000:

I am trying to share good things, but I don't want this thing to be patched or something, though I am thinking it's less probably - still, I would prefer not risking it.

Sony is actually working on the next fw update but we dont know when it will be released. In that update there will be new features like changing sound signature mods I think like we did with our custom fw. I dont know if its all true I have read it somewhere...

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #40,734 of 45,723
Sony is actually working on the next fw update but we dont know when it will be released. In that update there will be new features like changing sound signature mods I think like we did with our custom fw. I dont know if its all true I have read it somewhere...

While this could be entirely possible actually, I honestly doubt they would do that officially. Also, they have the possibility to alter the sound signature in ways that brings a big difference, and not a more subtle one like tunings mods.

While I won't share too many details, I can confirm that indeed there are sound changes for each firmware version, and changing the region indeed counts.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #40,735 of 45,723
While this could be entirely possible actually, I honestly doubt the would do that officially. Also, they have the possibility to alter the sound signature in ways that brings a big difference, and not a more subtle one like tunings mods.

While I won't share too many details, I can confirm that indeed there are sound changes for each firmware version, and changing the region indeed counts.
Wow!!! My hat is officially off! This is very impressive deep diving of the Inception sort of level. Excuse my poor metaphor....

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #40,737 of 45,723
Jul 12, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #40,738 of 45,723

Is it possible to also update a ZX300 firmware to sound like a 1Z? I have a ZX300 and a 1Z so if you want somebody to try it out and feedback the results.... :)

Jul 12, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #40,739 of 45,723
Is it possible to also update a ZX300 firmware to sound like a 1Z? I have a ZX300 and a 1Z so if you want somebody to try it out and feedback the results.... :)

Not entirely sure, as they don't share a common firmware, but I'll have a look at it and will let you know if something's up.

Jul 12, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #40,740 of 45,723
I'm actually astounded - this "new" version of switching the 1A to 1Z definitely does something different in my mind (following on from posts by @aceedburn ) - It is at a whole different level, and - I don't need to install alternate fw mods (I just tried, and found that this version of stock sounds better to my ears)...

This has screwed with my mind,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back