Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #33,466 of 45,723
so guys help me out on this rockbox thing

so i connected my wm1a , it shows walkman as folder F

i edited the bat file by changing V for F

i run the bat file and all it let me do is press any kew 3 times

and then the command line closed

does this mean that it's done ?

No that's not the expected response, it's likely your naming protocol is wrong. You should see confirmation of the region change and instruction to reset all settings.

Try one of the below check that your using scsitool-nwz-v25.exe from rockbox.org and you should be good. The capitalised letter/letters after "dest_tool set" is the regional code J = Japan, E = Asia / Australia / NZ / Tourist, U = USA, CA = Canada etc.

To verify Current Region
scsitool-nwz-v25.exe F: dest_tool get

To change region - Note Region is set by J, U, CA, CN, E, etc

scsitool-nwz-v25.exe F: dest_tool set J off

scsitool-nwz-v25.exe F: dest_tool set U off

scsitool-nwz-v25.exe F: dest_tool set CA off

scsitool-nwz-v25.exe F: dest_tool set CN off

scsitool-nwz-v25.exe F: dest_tool set E off

scsitool-nwz-v25.exe F: dest_tool set MX off

Reset all settings

The Command File will not execute unless the naming is 100% correct, so latest version is 25, commands above will execute region change, if you want a different region simply replace the capitalised letter/letters after "dest_tool set"

FYI W10 Pro - 1909 fully updated

Q-6

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #33,467 of 45,723
so guys help me out on this rockbox thing

so i connected my wm1a , it shows walkman as folder F

i edited the bat file by changing V for F

i run the bat file and all it let me do is press any kew 3 times

and then the command line closed

i rerun the bat file and it shows on the black command line

destination J (0)
sound pressure o (off)

am i good ?

does this mean that it's done ?

If you want to change region to Japan

then, Yup its done

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #33,468 of 45,723
If you want to change region to Japan

then, Yup its done

someone who speaks normal thank you (sorry queen6 but i understand nada of what you just wrote )

yeah i want it changed to Japan

i also get on the command line a thing about destination successfully changed and i need to reset

how do i reset ? unplug the wm1a from my pc and choose reset from the wm1a menu ?

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #33,469 of 45,723
someone who speaks normal thank you (sorry queen6 but i understand nada of what you just wrote )

i also get on the command line a thing about destination successfully changed and i need to reset

how do i reset ? unplug the wm1a from my pc and choose reset from the wm1a menu ?

You need to go into the Settings, Device settings, Reset/Format and do Reset all settings (not Restore to factory).

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #33,470 of 45,723
Having not read through all 2K+ pages of the thread for those that are interested and or concerned switching region from CN, E, CA & J Sony's own BT remote controller RMT-NWS20 has not been an issue. Personally I use the BT remote a lot with both WM1A & ZX300, especially when travelling.

Rockbox.org rather alludes that the remote is only compatible with specific regions, from my experience with both a WM1A purchased in China and a ZX300 purchased in the Philippines flipping regions has no negative effect. I know it's a small thing, equally if you have and use the BT remote you'll definitely not want to loose that feature.

Q-6

I think it is the same as with English in J region. Once you have set English while in another region it stays, I assume the same goes for BT remote, once you’ve been in a region that activates it, it stays when going to other regions

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #33,471 of 45,723

NP just how software works, if on a Mac will be a different situation, Windows 10 you need to issue the correct command via the Cmd window. Acid test is that the player will sound different the variation will much depend on the original region versus the new one. China for instance versus Japan is a big difference.

Reset just means to reset the Walkman's setting to default via the devices on screen menu.

Q-6

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #33,472 of 45,723
a thousand thanx to @nc8000 and @ttt123 and @Queen6 for staying with me and helping me - i think it's done , as i get this certificate that @Whitigir posted below

i get a different eq option , i could set a change mids/lows/high in a -10 to +10 which now is not present (i just get a kinda parametric eq)

if i want to revert back toJapan Tourist mode again , what do i have to change in the bat file ?

thanx guys you are the best :)

Good idea
This certificate of quality sound assurance

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #33,473 of 45,723
I think it is the same as with English in J region. Once you have set English while in another region it stays, I assume the same goes for BT remote, once you’ve been in a region that activates it, it stays when going to other regions

Seems that way, seen the odd post with some asking. The BT isn't a big deal, equally very handy when traveling or just being lazy.

Q-6

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #33,474 of 45,723
You need to go into the Settings, Device settings, Reset/Format and do Reset all settings (not Restore to factory).
You don't need to do that.

All you need to do is reboot. So power off and power on and you are on the new region.

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #33,475 of 45,723
thanx again guys, you are one of the most helpful members here i appreciate all the time you took to help out

which region do you have your 1z set to ? is Japan the most balanced sound in your opinion/ears ?

i think that J has a more tight bass (which is a good thing to me) compared to the E (which is what my Japan Tourist mode was util today)

only drawback is that i missed the easy to handle eq option , but i can always revert back to Tourist region i guess....

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #33,476 of 45,723
Is the international version a better one to buy than a USA version? It sounds like the J region and others sound better?????

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #33,477 of 45,723
a thousand thanx to @nc8000 and @ttt123 and @Queen6 for staying with me and helping me - i think it's done , as i get this certificate that @Whitigir posted below

i get a different eq option , i could set a change mids/lows/high in a -10 to +10 which now is not present (i just get a kinda parametric eq)

if i want to revert back toJapan Tourist mode again , what do i have to change in the bat file ?

thanx guys you are the best :)

If your seeing the Japan wireless certification your good. To revert the region I believe you'll need to use E2 So far I've only see the certification on Japan and Canada regions, China, Asia / Australia / NZ / Tourist don't have.

WM1A & ZX300 both set it Japan region, best sound signature IMHO

Q-6

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #33,478 of 45,723
thanx again guys, you are one of the most helpful members here i appreciate all the time you took to help out

which region do you have your 1z set to ? is Japan the most balanced sound in your opinion/ears ?

i think that J has a more tight bass (which is a good thing to me) compared to the E (which is what my Japan Tourist mode was util today)

only drawback is that i missed the easy to handle eq option , but i can always revert back to Tourist region i guess....

What do you mean by "i missed the easy to handle eq option" ?

also, If you were on Region E, to revert back you modify the batch instead of letter J put an E

so the command in the batch should be dest_tool set E off

Mar 5, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #33,479 of 45,723
Is the international version a better one to buy than a USA version? It sounds like the J region and others sound better?????

Get the one at the best price as you can flip the region code at will, the hardcoded origin isn't relevant other than flashing custom firmware and then you just match the file to the hardware; Japan, EU, or International. Al the same hardware with varying software.

Q-6

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #33,480 of 45,723
Having not read through all 2K+ pages of the thread for those that are interested and or concerned switching region from CN, E, CA & J Sony's own BT remote controller RMT-NWS20 has not been an issue. Personally I use the BT remote a lot with both WM1A & ZX300, especially when travelling.

Rockbox.org rather alludes that the remote is only compatible with specific regions, from my experience with both a WM1A purchased in China and a ZX300 purchased in the Philippines flipping regions has no negative effect. I know it's a small thing, equally if you have and use the BT remote you'll definitely not want to loose that feature.

Q-6
I have just tried the remote after switching to J. Confirmed, the NWS20 remote still works on region J, after I switched from region E to region J. I believe this is because the main Sony user firmware loaded is region E, which supports the NWS20. Changing the Destination with Rockbox did not alter the Sony firmware. However, if I loaded the Sony Japan firmware, then that will probably lose the setting for the NWS20 remote. This logic should apply to the language, also

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back