SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #32,626 of 45,723
Many tks, I'll try it now , but i wanna know where i can see my region of my 1A ? Tks
That's more troublesome, u need to search within this thread for Rockbox tool.
But it doesn't matter what region your device is unless you are EU. Just try the mods first.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #32,628 of 45,723
Maybe is asking too much but you think your friend can add double tap to wake up screen feature?
haha I wish I could. that's waaaaay beyond our capability. We dare not and haven't touched all the functionalities.

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #32,629 of 45,723
That's more troublesome, u need to search within this thread for Rockbox tool.
But it doesn't matter what region your device is unless you are EU. Just try the mods first.
Tks , i'll try these fw , you're a super star today haha

Feb 27, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #32,630 of 45,723
@siruspan @gazzington It's 8AM here after a not very long sleep. I see what the problems are, that's a rare case for EU 1A to be not identified by the firmware. I could fix the problem, but fixing it will unfortunately alter the sound of the mods a bit so I don't feel like doing so, not in a mass scale. I can give u guys a fixed version to flash in private message. Pls let me know if they work out on your side.
In China 99% ppl have 1A/1Z in region CN, so no problem with such identification at all. it has nothing to do with changing regions though.

bro i have the same problem, i was going to suggest that we change region, but i noticed in the end you said it has nothing to do with changing regions, so its mainly about where the device was released ? i got a japanese one but iam not sure is it a tourist version or a local one.

If you fixed any of them, add me to your private message list :D

Feb 27, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #32,631 of 45,723
bro i have the same problem, i was going to suggest that we change region, but i noticed in the end you said it has nothing to do with changing regions, so its mainly about where the device was released ? i got a japanese one but iam not sure is it a tourist version or a local one.

If you fixed any of them, add me to your private message list :D

I'll PM u later how to do it. Siruspan already done it.

Feb 27, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #32,632 of 45,723
You think D1.02 has more bass than Stock 3.02? hmmmmm interesting... ive never thought it that way.
btw is your 1A in region EU?
No my wm1a, was bought 4 years ago from Accessory Jack Hongkong

Feb 27, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #32,635 of 45,723
@Morbideath anyway your friend could do this fw mod for the TA-ZH1ES?
I knew it was going to be the next question, eventually the zx500 will be asking as well. I don’t think the author would want to try as they don’t have those devices to test out the functionality and performances. I would say all of you guys best bet is to donate them to the author and enjoy the free Upgraded firmware :gs1000smile: (unless he also has TA which I doubt)

Now this is where the contributions would count...things that has a start, will need contributions as a support to keep it going :wink: , to be sustainable and Viable in a long run, and also to be spreading and reaching into other devices.

I only speak logically

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #32,636 of 45,723
@Morbideath anyway your friend could do this fw mod for the TA-ZH1ES?

That’s the most amazing question I have read in years. Being it has no tone/EQ controls...... lol. That would be priceless. Though you may have to access that other port in the back. The service port?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #32,637 of 45,723
I knew it was going to be the next question, eventually the zx500 will be asking as well. I don’t think the author would want to try as they don’t have those devices to test out the functionality and performances. I would say all of you guys best bet is to donate them to the author and enjoy the free Upgraded firmware :gs1000smile:

Now this is where the contributions would count...things that has a start, will need contributions as a support to keep it going :wink: , to be sustainable and Viable in a long run.

I only speak logically
I´m about to sell my TA and get a RME ADI-2 DAC FS, but if someone could port the DMP fw for the TA, that would be a reason for me to keep the TA for longer

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #32,639 of 45,723
I wonder if @purk still owns the WM1A, so he could compare wm1a with fw mod of DMP-Z1 v1.02 vs his zx500

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #32,640 of 45,723
I am going to try the D1.02 on my WM1A which is on 3.02 as of now :gs1000smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back