SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #27,677 of 45,723
I already have the Sony NW - W M1A. I am now choosing between a Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 or a Sony NW - WM1Z... decisions, decisions.
Since both are flagships, isn't at this point it is about to decide the design, UI, battery, size, weight and finally which signature you prefer? It's like "I like vanilla ice-cream more than chocolate", even though both are made from the best quality cream.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #27,678 of 45,723

Since both are flagships, isn't at this point it is about to decide the design, look, UI, battery, size, weight and finally which signature you prefer? It's like "I like vanilla ice-cream more than chocolate", even though both are made from the best quality cream.

That's a good point. Battery life is pretty far up. I love the non-fatiguing sound of my black Sony, but there is also something very special about my old LPG. Especially with jazz. The main reason I wanted to upgrade to the 2017 LPG initially was because of its lower noise floor. I am beginning to work out again and will be using in-ear-monitors.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #27,679 of 45,723
They say that LPG its more detailed DAP probably you will be fine with 1Z or the desktop amp Virtufortuna (User) has a DAP chart on this forum may help you a little... if you love your WM1A maybe getting 1Z its a plus since if anithing goes bad you have spares lol also you may buy some spare baterys for them and they will last longer than a LPG and also you can go balanced 4.4 and share gear... I love my 1A and im not thinking of any upgrade soon... maybe in a few years will pull the trigger but for now im more than happy.
PD: If you can try the Z1R IEMS and also 1Z before purchase will be awesome...

Here is a https://headfonics.com/2019/02/lotoo-paw-gold-touch-review/

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #27,680 of 45,723
They say that LPG its more detailed DAP probably you will be fine with 1Z or the desktop amp Virtufortuna (User) has a DAP chart on this forum may help you a little... if you love your WM1A maybe getting 1Z its a plus since if anithing goes bad you have spares lol also you may buy some spare baterys for them and they will last longer than a LPG and also you can go balanced 4.4 and share gear... I love my 1A and im not thinking of any upgrade soon... maybe in a few years will pull the trigger but for now im more than happy.
PD: If you can try the Z1R IEMS and also 1Z before purchase will be awesome...

Here is a https://headfonics.com/2019/02/lotoo-paw-gold-touch-review/

The only thing that is making me hesitate is that the Sony would be used from Japan and the LPG would be brand new from authorized distributor.

Apr 4, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #27,682 of 45,723
I would take WM1Z any day over LPGT, and then...I value my Modified Dx200Titanium and modified Amp8 :D

How about original LPG?

Apr 4, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #27,684 of 45,723
The only thing that is making me hesitate is that the Sony would be used from Japan and the LPG would be brand new from authorized distributor.
mmwwmm user its selling his WM1Z here in the forum also. Thats a tough one friend... maybe you can show us pictures of the 1Z status also how many HS playback? any scratches? battery status? Try to get a new wm1z?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #27,687 of 45,723
Does the Satechi「Media Button」 or anything else work with the WM1 series besides the RMT-NWS20?

As far as I’m aware the only one that works is the Sony one

Apr 5, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #27,688 of 45,723
I already have the Sony NW - W M1A. I am now choosing between a Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 or a Sony NW - WM1Z... decisions, decisions.
mmwwmm user its selling his WM1Z here in the forum also. Thats a tough one friend... maybe you can show us pictures of the 1Z status also how many HS playback? any scratches? battery status? Try to get a new wm1z?
Sorry but I sold my 1Z a few weeks ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back