SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #26,191 of 45,723
May be you are talking based on 4.4mm out but my 4.4 to 2.5 adapter will arrive tomorrow.

Todays first listening sessions with 3.5 out tells me different story. Opus#2 is up for me. But my Opus#2 is burned in hundreds of hours, WM1A is still below 20 hours.

Let's see what comes out of 4.4 jack tomorrow and what happens after more burn in :)
I have the same balanced cable in 2.5 and 4.4 and the Sony still blows the OPUS away.

Dec 25, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #26,193 of 45,723
Its stored and memorize on sd card.
When i use the card on my phone its still has the playlist.
Hope that helps.

Both internal and SD. One of the few drawbacks of this device, you cannot build a playlist with both internal and SD music they have to stay separate. So in my case, I have all my Hi-res audio on the internal, my Lossless and Lossy reside on the SD card, I can't build a playlist with all 3 formats.

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #26,194 of 45,723
I have the same balanced cable in 2.5 and 4.4 and the Sony still blows the OPUS away.

So you mean even on 3.5mm comparison WM1A "blowns away" Opus#2? Sorry but I disagree (at least for now). They are very very compatible and no need to change either, if someone already owns one of them.

And please keep in mind my WM1A is below 20 hours of burn in. If burn in will make a serious gap and I will be blown away, that will make me happy only.

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #26,195 of 45,723
Someone please can help how to use Bluetooth receiver mode properly?

I have LG V20 (supports AptX HD). I set Bluetooth quality to AptX HD on WM1A and turned on BT receiver mode.

When I pair both, then WM1A shows "AAC connected" and my V20 shows just a BT device is connected.

But normally when I pair with an AptX HD device, V20 should say "AptX HD device is connected"

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #26,196 of 45,723

I have LG V20 (supports AptX HD). I set Bluetooth quality to AptX HD on WM1A and turned on BT receiver mode.

When I pair both, then WM1A shows "AAC connected" and my V20 shows just a BT device is connected.

But normally when I pair with an AptX HD device, V20 should say "AptX HD device is connected"

I think those settings only refer to connections going out from the Sony player not going in

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #26,198 of 45,723
So you mean probably AptX HD is not available when WM1A is receiving side?

That's my guess but I only have iOS devices streaming to my 1Z so I'm always on aac

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #26,199 of 45,723
So you mean even on 3.5mm comparison WM1A "blowns away" Opus#2? Sorry but I disagree (at least for now). They are very very compatible and no need to change either, if someone already owns one of them.

And please keep in mind my WM1A is below 20 hours of burn in. If burn in will make a serious gap and I will be blown away, that will make me happy only.

wait until you have at least 300 hours of burn-in , also go balanced 4.4 as it is much better than 3.5 SE

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #26,201 of 45,723

Just before opening the bluetooth receiver, go to settings, set audio device connectiin setting to ldac sound quality prefered .. and also set receiver playback quality to sound quality prefered .. then open bluetooth receiver and pair with your note 8, access the pairing settings on note 8 and switch the ldac on.

I remember i got it working on LDAC with my note 8, so i guess it is will work on APTX, also if you have oreo on your lg V20 it might support ldac, try playing around with the settings i mentioned above.

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #26,203 of 45,723
wait until you have at least 300 hours of burn-in , also go balanced 4.4 as it is much better than 3.5 SE

Exactly.....it may be hard to fathom just how much change is potentially there to change. The players don’t even start to wake up till the first 40 hours. They then get rather good at 100 but sound great at 200 hours then simply keep climbing after 200, though only slight changes. IMO

Dec 26, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #26,204 of 45,723
I did not listen R6 but did 300R about a week. It's a horrible sounding device for me :)
Oof, i wouldnt really say horrible but its performance was considerably better compared to the r6. But then again i use extremely sensitive iems so maybe thats a point to consider :)

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #26,205 of 45,723
Oof, i wouldnt really say horrible but its performance was considerably better compared to the r6. But then again i use extremely sensitive iems so maybe thats a point to consider :)

If 300R is clearly better than R6, R6 should be a joke lol :)

300R was thin, dry and metallic (treble side) sounding. I had no positive feeling on its sound.

I had only positive feeling about it's screen and Android implementation. It was flawless. I even felt into a feeling that the device seemed to be started as a smartphone project but later they changed their mind to make it a DAP :)

It has microphone on it, if it had camera and a SIM card slot it would be a good smartphone sure :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back