SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #12,526 of 45,723
Yeah I forgot to inform that I was on firmware 1.20 when I noticed that lag .... I don't think it's my film protector either since the rest of the touch screen functions is as fluid as I remember.

How about trying a reboot - wouldn't harm anything and it may work....

Jun 18, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #12,528 of 45,723
My WM1A has really grown on me, so much that I am thinking of buying the WM1Z but I will try to resist the temptation and see what is next Sony magic is.
I have the same thought. Lol

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #12,529 of 45,723
My WM1A has really grown on me, so much that I am thinking of buying the WM1Z but I will try to resist the temptation and see what is next Sony magic is.

...resistance is futile....

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #12,530 of 45,723
I've had a few long session with 1Z/1A. What makes 1Z attractive is having the same great sound using single ended out, the gap between balance out of the two wasn't large enough for me, present but for the duration I tend to listen to I wouldnt care. My loved Dita Truth single ended was wearing out and thanks for Dita audio I got a great deal on Dita Truth (awesome) and soon I will be enjoying the 4.4mm connection of my 1A.

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #12,532 of 45,723
The HD650s actually sound pretty good on most DAPs I've tried. I've paired them with a Jotunheim, NFB11 (super bright), and Aune X1S all for various periods so I'm familiar with how they sound when powered pretty well. For instance, the HD650s sound amazing to my ears paired with the Cayin N3 on high gain.
After testing the HD650 with the WM1A to proof your findings, I went back to my Z1r balanced out of the same DAP. Boy, what a difference regarding dynamics and speed. Not to mention the bass and everything else.... Sorry, but the HD650 needs and deserves more power than any DAP out there can offer. It really scales well with the rig you use.

Jun 18, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #12,533 of 45,723

That was one of the things I thought of when deciding between the 1Z and the 1A in the beginning - the temptation of wanting the 1Z too after getting the 1A lol. Glad I went with the 1Z and I don't have to look back.

Jun 18, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #12,534 of 45,723
That was one of the things I thought of when deciding between the 1Z and the 1A in the beginning - the temptation of wanting the 1Z too after getting the 1A lol. Glad I went with the 1Z and I don't have to look back.
me too my 1A has grown on me and often think on upgrading, but when i think of the future sony 40th walkman anniversary edition , I hold my breath

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #12,535 of 45,723
I was looking for a waterproof and super-protective case for airline travel or in-car Bluetooth use that would fit the WM1A player while it was inside the Dignis leather case (with or without the Sony wrist strap). I found one! The Nanuk Nano 310 fits perfectly, but you have to remove an inner rubber net and use a Dremel to cut down two internal screw posts for the net. The Nano is available from Amazon; it's polycarbonate and very much like a Pelican clamshell.

I just finished the surgery on a clear Nano and I'm very happy with the results. Pics of the post-surgery case to follow...

310_open1.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #12,536 of 45,723
I was looking for a waterproof and super-protective case for airline travel or in-car Bluetooth use that would fit the WM1A player while it was inside the Dignis leather case (with or without the Sony wrist strap). I found one! The Nanuk Nano 310 fits perfectly, but you have to remove an inner rubber net and use a Dremel to cut down two internal screw posts for the net. The Nano is available from Amazon; it's polycarbonate and very much like a Pelican clamshell.

I just finished the surgery on a clear Nano and I'm very happy with the results. Pics of the post-surgery case to follow...

310_open1.jpg

great idea.

thanks for sharing!!!

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #12,538 of 45,723

Wow thanks for sharing!
Any idea if the Nano 320 will fit the WM1A with leather case without the needs for any surgery?

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #12,539 of 45,723
What about fitting the WM1Z with its stock Sony case?

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #12,540 of 45,723
The leather-encased player will fit in the Nano without the rubber net in place, but the two screw-in net holders will dent the leather, which is why I took out the Dremel and went to work. I didn't try it without the leather case before I did the "surgery," because I had no intention of not using the Dignis case.

I have no idea about the stock Sony case, which doesn't come with the WM-1A.

I tried the larger Pelican 1040, and it held the player in the Dignis case, as well as the thick leather Dignis strap (far larger than the Sony nylon cord strap), but it was larger and too deep without added padding on top and around the sides from a fleece drawstring bag I had. The Nanuk cases come with a removable strap and have rubber protection on the outside; if you want a larger case for more stuff, they have a rubber net that separates items stored in top and bottom. Both makers offer different colors. The Nanuk latch is easier to open and close once you figure it out.

Interior sizes of four small cases from Pelican and Nano:

Nanuk Nano 310: 5.2″ x 3.0″ x 1.1″ (13.1 x 7.7 x 2.8 cm)
Nanuk Nano 320: 5.9″ x 3.3″ x 1.5″ (15.1 x 8.5 x 3.9 cm)
Pelican 1020: 5.31" x 3.56" x 1.68" (13.5 x 9 x 4.3 cm)
Pelican 1040: 6.50" x 3.87" x 1.75" (16.5 x 9.8 x 4.4 cm)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back