SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #9,826 of 45,723

Select GENRE from main screen, select the genre you would like to play, than select ALL and play any song will put all songs in that genre in one playlist

than tick the shuffle in playback setting

Thanks a lot 

beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #9,827 of 45,723
I just wish we would come to a point were people would stop describing some minute refinement discovered between 499 and 500 hours.

What really baffles me is how people remember the sound difference between hour 500 to hour 100 to 200. That is 300 to 400 hundred hours ago. Even at ten hours a day that would be over a months ago and research has shown that our music memory is about 20 seconds. On top of that the reported changes are suppose to be minute and not like night and day.

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #9,828 of 45,723
What really baffles me is how people remember the sound difference between hour 500 to hour 100 to 200. That is 300 to 400 hundred hours ago. Even at ten hours a day that would be over a months ago and research has shown that our music memory is about 20 seconds. On top of that the reported changes are suppose to be minute and not like night and day.

Shhhhhh! Don't spoil their fun 
biggrin.gif

What entertains me more is the fact Sony themselves only mention the devices needing 200 hours for the components to settle in, but now we have dozens of people quoting this magical 500 hours.

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #9,829 of 45,723
@PCheung you have wired phones and the Bluetooth on? that doesn't affect battery life? i have my BT off to save some juice , even NFC i know that's a passive RFID Tag but of the case it emits some signal i also have it to off  and also the remote function to off
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #9,830 of 45,723
  @PCheung you have wired phones and the Bluetooth on? that doesn't affect battery life? i have my BT off to save some juice , even NFC i know that's a passive RFID Tag but of the case it emits some signal i also have it to off
biggrin.gif

I leave the Bluetooth on all the time (for the remote). I still get 3 days between charges, so the impact on the battery can't be that big. I never use NFC, so it is always off.

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #9,831 of 45,723

I leave the Bluetooth on all the time (for the remote). I still get 3 days between charges, so the impact on the battery can't be that big. I never use NFC, so it is always off.

Yep, same here. Fantastic battery life even with bluetooth left on.

The remote is a cracking little accessory.

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #9,832 of 45,723
  Been using xba z5 with 1A on balance ( sony kimber cable ). Change my tips for z5 to comply tx200, the ones with the waxguard cause the sony hybrid itching my ears, but as mentioned earlier in these threads there seems to be a slight deterioration in trebles..I felt that too..Understand that there's a suggestion to use the comply tips backwards, but guess won't work with the tips with waxguard.
Hope there are other tips to try out.I would welcome other suggestions or recommendations...:)

Why not just use the equalizer to restore any frequencies you feel are being attenuated? That's what it's there for...

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #9,833 of 45,723
I believe memory can be trained if you do something oftenly, so why not music memory?

How does one tune a piano, a guitar just by ear?

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #9,834 of 45,723
And sometimes I wish arrogant people would also just disappear.

​To be honest i stopped hearing changes or refinements at 490h it is stable now... now if i get a job the first purchase i will do is the 4.4mm cable adapter and Buurrrnnn baby burrrrnnn again
beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #9,835 of 45,723
Shhhhhh! Don't spoil their fun :D

What entertains me more is the fact Sony themselves only mention the devices needing 200 hours for the components to settle in, but now we have dozens of people quoting this magical 500 hours.

Shhhhhh, Ok we will just keep this as a secret between us then :D.

To keep this discussion on topic, I was recently asked about my thought on the 1Z and the 380cu and as most of us have done this with our gears, I put my 1Z and my 380cu side by side, select a song that is an exact copy and put it on both players, and use the same iems/cable and SE out. I find myself had to do not just AB, but ABAB and sometimes even ABABAB on only a 30 seconds passage. My point is that to look that deeply into music and confirm changes are actually there even within a matter of a minute or two, I had to go back and forth to confirm if there is any difference between the two players two to three times within a minute or two let alone a month ago. And that is with two different players with different DAC and all other electronic components let alone discerning differences on the same player with exactly the same electronic components. I am not saying there is or there is not changes happening objectively but at that point I don't know if we could tell whether that is actual sound changes or sound perception changes.

Feb 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #9,837 of 45,723
I believe memory can be trained if you do something oftenly, so why not music memory?

Using training to increase your music memory from 20 seconds to 500 hours?

Impressive.
beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #9,838 of 45,723
one curious thing i have realized and bafles me a lot ...

My previous walkmans  A818, E507, X1060 didn't note any burn in changes at all, they sounded the same, the iPod classic the same no changes the fiio x3 first gen also no burn in changes at all. I started hearing burn in changes with my first H-res capable walkman, the A17, then zx100 and now this WM1A

why id din't hear changes from burn-in in the past before my A10 series?

Feb 26, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #9,839 of 45,723

Actually, the old fashion way of tuning a piano or guitar by ear (currently, dedicated tuners and software are used) has nothing to do with memory. It is all based on comparison. On a guitar, tuning is done by comparing fretted notes with open strings. On a piano, tuning is done by comparing 2 struck notes and counting beats. This is all a moot point though, as today's modern tuners and software are much more accurate and have made tuning by ear inferior. BTW, the reason that tuning references (tuning forks, pitch pipes, etc.) were created is because people cannot accurately remember the pitch of a note for very long. I can remember the pitch of a note for several minutes, as long as nothing distracting pops in my head.

Feb 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #9,840 of 45,723
[/quote]

Using a tuning fork for piano and for guitar using a tuning fork or a note on a piano to set one of the string and then use that string to tune the other five strings. Better yet play a harmonic note on two strings and while the sound echo at the same time one can compare both string in vivo. Either way the tuning of piano and guitar do not rely on memory. Have both instruments all my life play them both and tune the guitar thousand of times but still have to rely on simultaneous comparison and not from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back