SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #7,756 of 45,723

I've seen the docking cradle that works as a digital transport and you can't buy that in the UK either.

It's frustrating  

region locking stuff IS and sony seems to love it, from DVDs to blurays etc, VERY frustrating for the consumer

that cradle is widely available on ebay and direct, i passed as I won't use it in an anchored way, and only usb out, also whether it fits well using a case

if that cradle had an optical out, would have been worth it

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #7,759 of 45,723
Does anyone know if line out is supported by WM1A?

No, analogue line out via WM Port not supported in WM1 series. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #7,760 of 45,723
Thank you for the above post. It's indeed a great thing for the community that this info is being maintained.

Maybe one day I'll take a deep breathe and attempt the hack! :D

Where are you based? If you're anywhere near London I'd be happy to meet up and do the hack for you. If takes about 10 seconds :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #7,762 of 45,723

It's possible, of course. I would certainly hope that it's just temporary while they pursue whatever necessary certifications required and add it as a future firmware update for the US region.

But you're right, realistically there's not really a significant market for the remote, I don't think. They may just decide it's not worth the effort.

$65 for the tiniest piece of plastic is a crazy marketing idea, but considering you are talking about people plunking down several mortgage payments for something like this, maybe they got it wrong

for truly mobile use, when the device is secured and out of sight, this is going to be fricking handy

i also like the remote has separate pairing, we'll see..have the BT for A&K and it's not that great, although 1/3 of the price

For those who has access to taobao can get it for USD 32.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #7,763 of 45,723
Digital out ? Depends on what you are talking about, for example Opus can only do optical and it is limited for what it can do. Smartphones ? Sure, some can do native DSD 2.8 MHz out, but their built is smartphones and some cheap, underpowered DAC inside.

Now, the WM1A and WM1Z can do 5.8 MHz DSD out. You know it, everything inside 1A or 1Z are dedicated to sound quality alone. I don't have 11.2 MHz DSD files, as I would like to know if it could do this much Native DSD output. Sound performances ? My 1Z is better than my laptop, smartphones, and even Zx2 :)

Quad DSD. Yes it does that smoothly like all other files.

I have 11.2MHz songs which is about 1GB each.

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #7,767 of 45,723
Unfortunately, I'm based in the Midlands. Very kind offer though, much appreciated.

No worries. Id be more than happy to talk you through the process via pm if that would help? It's actually a lot easier than it first seems :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #7,770 of 45,723
https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/pub/Main/SonyNWDestTool/open_cmd_here.bat

Just typed in the above and the website says it does not exist...

https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool#Changing_destination_settings_and_sound_pressure_regulation

Tried this instead and seems to have taken me to a quite complicated page. I'll check the earlier post to see if I can do it from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back