SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #5,416 of 45,723
  Dear all, this is my first post in Head-Fi.  I bought 1Z two weeks ago from my local Sony Store.  I didn't buy the Sony Kimber balanced cable.  So, I am waiting a good balanced cable right now... Hope I could find one soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats! Go read my full translation of the development team interview there, I think it would make you appreciate what you bought a fair bit more. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/827575/sony-nw-wm1z-owner-and-impressions/15#post_13068909

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #5,417 of 45,723
I received the Sony MUC-B20SB1 today. 
biggrin.gif

I am extremely pleased with my experience with Buyee (http://buyee.jp). They ordered it on Amazon JP on my behalf and then delivered it to me (US) in less than 8 days. It was extremely simple to signup and link my PayPal account. I will definitely used them again in the future.
I ended up paying $240 for the cable and $24 for Buyee's fee + shipping.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #5,418 of 45,723
I received the Sony MUC-B20SB1 today. :D

I am extremely pleased with my experience with Buyee (http://buyee.jp). They ordered it on Amazon JP on my behalf and then delivered it to me (US) in less than 8 days. It was extremely simple to signup and link my PayPal account. I will definitely used them again in the future.
I ended up paying $240 for the cable and $24 for Buyee's fee + shipping.

Congratulations, how does it secure on MDRZ1F when screwed in ? Does the bottom of the body get to rotate easily inside it socket ? I know the stock cables once plugged and secured on screwing in, there is nothing that could roll around

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #5,419 of 45,723
Congratulations, how does it secure on MDRZ1F when screwed in ? Does the bottom of the body get to rotate easily inside it socket ? I know the stock cables once plugged and secured on screwing in, there is nothing that could roll around

Thanks! It is extremely secure. It works the exact same way as the cable that came with the MDR-Z1R.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #5,420 of 45,723
“Gonna have to give Buyee another go, I was confused by navigation, how to find a 1Z/1A”

@Cagin - Once you signed up and linked a PayPal account, you can download a software compatible with Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome or FireFox. Then, it can''t get easier. You browse Amazon JP for the product you want to buy and then click on Buyee's plugin added by the software to your browser. It will redirect you to their site with the item on a cart.

I know my explanation can get confusing. Let me know if you need help.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #5,423 of 45,723
If that is the case, we will see you here
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/827575/sony-nw-wm1z-owner-and-impressions#post_13052865

Oh, there is a 1Z owner thread~  OK, see you there~  I think 1Z, 1A and A30 series are selling well in my country, but only a few discussions on these DAPs in the local forum/discussion group... strange.  Anyway, it is better to share our thoughts here, meeting the head-fi lovers from all around the world
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #5,424 of 45,723

Congrats! Go read my full translation of the development team interview there, I think it would make you appreciate what you bought a fair bit more. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/827575/sony-nw-wm1z-owner-and-impressions/15#post_13068909

thx, nanaholic~  I'm from HK too.  I always love Sony Walkman.  Actually I and other 5 1A & 1Z owners met the development team last night in CWB Sony Store. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #5,425 of 45,723

thx, nanaholic~  I'm from HK too.  I always love Sony Walkman.  Actually I and other 5 1A & 1Z owners met the development team last night in CWB Sony Store. 

I read about the event somewhere else but never got the invitation - probably because I didn't buy the Walkman from Sony but from another store. Out of interest did the entire team came or just some of them?  Would love to meet Sato Hiroaki-san again if he came (met him last time in Japan when I was ordering my Just ears). 

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #5,427 of 45,723
I read about the event somewhere else but never got the invitation - probably because I didn't buy the Walkman from Sony but from another store. Out of interest did the entire team came or just some of them?  Would love to meet Sato Hiroaki-san again if he came (met him last time in Japan when I was ordering my Just ears). 
I got my wm1z from the Sony shop in cwb but I didn't get an invitation either, so I'm guessing it had nothing to do with where the item was bought.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #5,428 of 45,723
Not very impressed with the official Sony 4.4mm MMCX cable. Has probably the worst memory and microphonics of any IEM cable I've ever used. :triportsad:
You can always do what I did and that's to convert it into an adapter so you could use your own cable with it. :grin:

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #5,429 of 45,723
  Not very impressed with the official Sony 4.4mm MMCX cable. Has probably the worst memory and microphonics of any IEM cable I've ever used.
triportsad.gif

I disagree...I have it right hear and, even though it is thick, I find it quite flexible, do not have an ounce of microphonics with my S-EM9.

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #5,430 of 45,723
  I disagree...I have it right hear and, even though it is thick, I find it quite flexible, do not have an ounce of microphonics with my S-EM9.

Well I'm finding it a pain, certainly much more resistance in the cables than the others I have (Campfire Litz cable, Fidue balanced cable, UE900 cables).

Maybe you are used to nice, super thick fancy expensive cables? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back