SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #3,091 of 45,723
  I pass the screen quality as long as it sounds superbly Good 

Yep, as long as it can out-perform Hugo or Paw Gold.

Question for anyone who got their hands on the unit:
Is the UI friendly for music organized in folders?

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #3,092 of 45,723

Yep, as long as it can out-perform Hugo or Paw Gold.

Question for anyone who got their hands on the unit:
Is the UI friendly for music organized in folders?

It sounds quite different from both. I wouldn't count on outperforming the Hugo, from my two auditions and owning the Hugo before.

The WMZ1, is, to me, at the highest level when it comes to DAPs, up there with the LPG and AK380. It outperforms them in some areas IMO, such as imaging, but some people will prefer the AK380 or LPG sound as the WMZ1 sig is very special.

However, even if I was not a fan of the Hugo sound, I don't think any DAP can beat it technically at this stage. I find even the Mojo beats most DAPs, so the Hugo...

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #3,093 of 45,723
It sounds quite different from both. I wouldn't count on outperforming the Hugo, from my two auditions and owning the Hugo before.

The WMZ1, is, to me, at the highest level when it comes to DAPs, up there with the LPG and AK380. It outperforms them in some areas IMO, such as imaging, but some people will prefer the AK380 or LPG sound as the WMZ1 sig is very special.

However, even if I was not a fan of the Hugo sound, I don't think any DAP can beat it technically at this stage. I find even the Mojo beats most DAPs, so the Hugo...

Really? I had the Hugo when it first came out and sold it after a month due to it sounding so mediocre imo xP.
As long as the sq is a good bit better than the ZX2 while retaining a similar signature I'm sold.

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #3,094 of 45,723
Really? I had the Hugo when it first came out and sold it after a month due to it sounding so mediocre imo xP.
As long as the sq is a good bit better than the ZX2 while retaining a similar signature I'm sold.

I didn't really enjoy the Hugo either, but this is more a matter of taste. I do like the Mojo.

The sound is completely different from the ZX2, I find it better but you might not.

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #3,095 of 45,723
I didn't really enjoy the Hugo either, but this is more a matter of taste. I do like the Mojo.

The sound is completely different from the ZX2, I find it better but you might not.

Guess I'll find out for myself when it's finally available for order here in the US haha.
But I also want to wait a bit to see if A&K is going to release a new flagship soon.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #3,096 of 45,723
Just got an email back from Sony Centre in Berlin. They won't have it to try until November. Was hoping to give more input, but guess everyone has to wait until November. Until then the Zx2 and the Mojo will have to do ><.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #3,097 of 45,723
  Just got an email back from Sony Centre in Berlin. They won't have it to try until November. Was hoping to give more input, but guess everyone has to wait until November. Until then the Zx2 and the Mojo will have to do ><.

Better for you.... giving you time to upgrade your CIEM first? 
biggrin.gif

I am enjoying my ZX2 with balanced out to my Z5, while waiting patiently for the WM1A/WM1Z (they already taken my money for the pre-order!).

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #3,098 of 45,723
At least Amazon don't take the money until they ship

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #3,103 of 45,723
I am wondering when it will be available in Australia, need to find it out.

Wing Li from Minidisc says mid October but he probably doesn't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back