SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #2,686 of 45,723
It's only a matter of time until reputable sites release their reviews (I'm personally looking forward to Steven's review ("enjoythemusic"))

Why is that? Did AK a sloppy job of implementing balanced sound technology into their TOPL Dap?

Wow, a most humble thanks and am simply a guy who hears and reports. Yes the Sony DAPs need 100 hours, which we already know. The headphone connector for balanced is interesting, as i never liked using a SMALLER connector for balanced (looking at your AK in a less than positive way). Copper chassis rose gold plated? Have asked AK to do exactly that three or four years ago and at every show i see them at.

Will i review the new Sony unit. Only if they send it to me yet will do a hands-on review should it make an appearance at CanJam Denver (with Noble K10 and 64Audio / 1964 A12, plus perhaps the HUM CIEMs with Double Helix top-line all silver balanced cable and other cables).

Pricing? GROW THE ____ UP GUYS!!!! Hi-tech doesn't come cheap. Then try shrinking this tech down, giving it extended batter life, etc. Add it proprietary chips and parts and.... Now tell me, who else can come close to doing that in the DAP world like Sony can? C'mon, name two manufacturers. Heck, Audio Note UK is spending VAST SUMS trying to get "better than Black Gate capacitors" in the marketplace and Peter Q of Audio Note is not one to skim on parts quality for their best gear (which costs 10x to 50x the price of the Sony unit).

SO PLEASE STOP WHINING about the price. Thanks, with love, hugs and kisses. If you can't afford a top-end McLaren car (we're not talking Bugatti here or my fave of them all Pagani), a nice F-Type Jaguar R is quite impressive at 1/3 the cost... yet it aint no Pagani.

Anywho, apologies if i sound a bit, well, direct. We're all looking forward to finding out more about any great new product, especially one from a major manufacturer such as Sony who truly can do seriously sick trick stuff no one else can. So....

(The below said with some humor, smile guys, cuz we're LUCKY music lovers who are fortunate to even have such nice things)

You ain't got no problems, Jules.
I'm on the mf'er.
Go back in there, chill them n___ers out and wait for The Wolf, who should be comin' directly.

If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, wait for a few reviews.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4lrVIpbvo

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #2,688 of 45,723
biggrin.gif
Steve is rich thats why he doesn't complain

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #2,689 of 45,723
  Yeah 60mW Single ended vs 250mW balanced means there is definitely something up, there must be a significantly different process going on in the S Master HX when there is that wide a gap, and native dsd being restricted to balanced reinforces that there is probably a different process implemented for balanced. Plus there is separate single ended and balanced circuit's, the one with two coils is single ended, the one with 4 coils is balanced.

haven't looked into this DAP so maybe they do something special, or they don't, I won't even attempt to weight in on that. but about the power values, one of the typical stuff we seem to call balanced output has the effect of doubling the maximum voltage. which in itself could very much explain 4 times the power (P=U²/R). so again IDK if "something is up", but the difference in power alone does not necessarily mean shiit, aside from suggesting that using balanced headphones, we should be able to get 6db louder(twice the voltage).

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #2,690 of 45,723
^ True, I was thinking balanced was double the power, that's wrong, like you said, it usually doubles voltage not power. Still, dsd being restricted to balanced would mean either "something is up" or Sony are trying to sell balanced cables like Bart said lol.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #2,691 of 45,723
  Pricing? GROW THE ____ UP GUYS!!!! Hi-tech doesn't come cheap. Then try shrinking this tech down, giving it extended batter life, etc. Add it proprietary chips and parts and.... Now tell me, who else can come close to doing that in the DAP world like Sony can? C'mon, name two manufacturers. Heck, Audio Note UK is spending VAST SUMS trying to get "better than Black Gate capacitors" in the marketplace and Peter Q of Audio Note is not one to skim on parts quality for their best gear (which costs 10x to 50x the price of the Sony unit).

SO PLEASE STOP WHINING about the price. Thanks, with love, hugs and kisses. If you can't afford a top-end McLaren car (we're not talking Bugatti here or my fave of them all Pagani), a nice F-Type Jaguar R is quite impressive at 1/3 the cost... yet it aint no Pagani.

Member of the trade opinion........ You mean like Apple marking up their phones by 700% as reported a few years back?

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #2,695 of 45,723

Thoughts to come later!

It is available for purchase in Singapore already?  Please share with us your thoughts.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #2,699 of 45,723

Is the Sony worth? How is the weight, can be out in the pocket and walk with?

people are saying it's really really really heavy lol

Maybe the premium priced WM1Z also comes with an extra luxury leather belt to hold up your pants for when it's in your pocket
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #2,700 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back